Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 12:45:58 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  3MA News and other events (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  lack of numbers 08
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: lack of numbers 08  (Read 4420 times)
gay131lover
« on: May 22, 2008, 10:34:19 PM »

something has me very bemused as to if 3ma 07 was so good with 17-18 cars why was there only 9 131s at inverarary and half  of them irish where did all the other 131s go  Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 06:02:07 AM »

3MA07 WAS THAT GOOD, as was 3MA08! Just look at the photos and read the reports!

As is usual with any 'club' there is a hardcore of members who go everywhere and do everything with their cars, and it was those of us who were in Ireland last year and Scotland a week ago. It should also be remembered that most of the attendees last year were in fact Irish owners, who didn't have as far to travel as other potential attendees.

You can pass by someone's front door, or hold a 3MA in a person's hometown and they still won't come and see you. We can't force people to do what they don't want to do.

There are numerous other factors that also have a bearing on a person's attendance, some of which are -

1) other external commitments this year that they didn't have last year,
2) a lack of available cash, coupled also to the increased price of petrol and accommodation over last years event, and the much publicised 'credit crunch'.
3) 131 not roadworthy this year,
4) 3MA07 was the first event of it's kind and people may have been more inclined to make that little extra effort to attend,

As someone who had a hand in organising both the 07 and 08 events, I was personally very disappointed that we didn't have a greater showing from the North of England and Scotland. One guy, Bobby Sev, drove with his mate in his 131 Sport all the way from Derby to Falkirk on the Sunday this year though - so very many thanks for that Bob - which underlines the fact that it can be done if effort is made.

Should I look forward to meeting you gay131lover in Italy next year for 3MA09?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 06:28:13 AM by simon131 » Logged

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
sid131

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 07:05:17 AM »

Is that the silver 131 sport thats in some pics? anyone got full pics of it?
bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 05:22:13 PM »

At all 3MA 2008 was a great event with a small group of nice and really enthusiastic people. Ela and my person made the trip together with our German friends Rene and Jan. Not cheap, but worth every single penny!!

To all the guys who were not there. Sorry for you, we had trailerloads of fun. Everything was very well organised, great roads, good hotel, nice stays and of course the cartalks we love so much. The ladies also spended a nice time so what we want more??

Next event with 25 cars?Huh Including you gaylover, eugene, mirafioriman and all other forumists??

bellamacchina  Albert

Dronten  Flevoland the Netherlands
gerafiori
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 08:41:48 PM »

you dont need a bigger number of cars to make it a "bigger" success
it looks to have been a great success,
well done to everyone who made the effort,
gerry
sid131

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 09:49:12 PM »

Just to see 4 sports together on the same street in 2008 was enough to make my day, i would love to do the 3ma in my 131 some year whenever its ready but 10 131s in scotland quite an achievement, i am aware that there are some on going projects & some cars like liam grants 131 sport waiting for a good home i cant understand why its not snapped up, only i have mine i would have it, so next few 3mas will be different with different cars, just my 2 cents worth.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.