Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 09:30:29 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  GERRY KENNEDY
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GERRY KENNEDY  (Read 5267 times)
brensport
« on: December 30, 2009, 12:27:48 AM »

Just remembering an old friend GERRY KENNEDY this time 2 years ago he left my house in great form little did i know what we were faceing later on in the day in my thoughts forever  Sad Sad Sad
djape1977

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 01:40:06 AM »

as far as i've been able to piece the facts together, he was one of the very few true 132 entusiasts in the world.
respect from me.
whish i had known him or had a chance to snoop around in his back yard

get a bigger hammer!
sid131

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 08:46:03 AM »

I never had the pleasure of meeting the man but in his memory i have met many like minded Fiat enthusiasts that i wouldnt have otherwise, so he is still doing his bit for Fiats in Ireland , may he rest in peace.
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 08:52:08 AM »

Nice posting Bren - A gentleman, the like of which, will not pass our way again.  Embarrassed

I was lucky enough to see his collection of 132s (and other boxy Fiats) at various stages over about 7 years (thanks to Bren for the 1st occasion), and for a classic Fiat enthusiast, it was a treat that money could not buy. I'm glad that he was around long enough to get a flavour of how many similar minded "nutcases" that there are around, both in Ireland and further afield. He was not alone.... Smiley
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 11:18:19 AM by kev131 » Logged

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 10:56:28 AM »

I had the pleasure of meeting him on two or three occasions and also had the pleasure of being shown around his vast collection with Kev and Theo back in 2005 I think.

A true enthusiast for the marque, especially the 132, and a Gent. People like him are few and far between - he will be missed.

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2009, 11:50:15 AM »

I feel both honoured and proud to have met Gerry. A great man with unyielding enthusiasm for Fiats and 132s in particular. A very wise man too and I will always remember fondly the time he was a passenger in my car and all the wisdom he has bestowed on me. He might not be with us in body now but he will always be remembered and will be with us in the Fiat spirit.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
theredx19
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2009, 01:09:48 PM »

Well Gerry may have passed away 2 years ago but his spirit has done anything but, as the Fiat passion is being kept alive in the emerald isle and Bren is catching up on him with the 131s after all
Kennedy of Sixmilebridge

all-italia.net

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 06:42:44 PM »

Just remembering an old friend GERRY KENNEDY this time 2 years ago he left my house in great form
little did i know what we were faceing later on in the day in my thoughts forever  Sad Sad Sad

A gentleman, the like of which, will not pass our way again.  Embarrassed
He was not alone.... Smiley
He was not alone.... Smiley,
but he really felt he was, a lone man fighting a tide of rust and indifference
up until he met Brensports.

I still can't believe that lightning strikes twice,
but the Lord putting both Gerry Kennedy and Brendan O'Beirne,
two committed FIAT lunatics in the one town, is proof enough of that.  Grin Grin

Credit where credit is due, he really really enjoyed his life in Ballinakill
because of the O'Beirnes.
I would go as far as to say they were the happiest years in his life.
Thank you Brendan, Liz, BJ and the red headed Rosin too.

the Fiat passion is being kept alive in the emerald isle and Bren is catching up on him with the 131s after all

He would love to have heard about the recent cache of
131's un-earthed this year in the R.O.I.
and the maturing of the event scene and
most importantly he would have been delighted
to see so many good condition cars now in caring hands.

He got a great send off on the day of the funeral,
and again thanks for the support shown on that freezing cold day
2 years ago.

P.S. Thank you O'Beirnes for the invaluable assistance
with Gerry's headstones. The FIAT 132 headstone, which you comissioned
and which stood alone and proud over Gerry still turns heads to this day
and the black headstone too, which you organized. Thank you.

all-italia.net
brensport
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2010, 10:13:40 PM »

Well Graham thanks very much for your nice words  but it was a 2 way street i was very lucky 2 have met GERRY we had the odd differance of opinion from time 2 time like everyone else  but we always had a incureable need for old fiats mainly 131 and 132 . But i think most people have heard that side of the story .  but the other side is Gerry was so proud of his son Graham and Adette and his grandchildren that he could not stop praising them in almost every conversation we had.       WISHING you all healt and happness for the new year                              
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 10:46:01 PM by brensports » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.