Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 06:22:35 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  The Garage (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Fiat 131 Abarth Gr.4 Dashboard.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fiat 131 Abarth Gr.4 Dashboard.  (Read 124615 times)
131rally

« Reply #105 on: September 20, 2012, 07:26:57 PM »

Ok, I understand the main switch now. How about the relays, there is nine relays in three rows. From one picture I can see they are installed to standard Fiat relay bottoms, the one which you can put in a row like Legos  Wink But, what is the order of relays, what they are for? From top left, to bottom right  Grin And the functions of them, are they just on-off relays, or relays changing from one wire to another. Where is flasher relay?
mirafiori76

« Reply #106 on: September 20, 2012, 07:40:22 PM »

Let me start off with the indicator relais. Since rally cars don't make much use of this part, it is located inside the dashboard. Or behind the plate, as yoy will. Mine is also on the right side behind the other 9.

Now, those nine. All on off and + switching, except for one.  I have absolutely no idea what the sequence is. They are indeed fitted in the block fittings from 132, later also in Argenta.
There are 3 for lights. 2 for fuel pumps. 1 for horn, this one is - switched. 1 for cooling fan.
Leaves 2...and i can't remember from the head what they are for. I'll get back on that.

Mike.131 Abarth group 4, 131 Racing Walter Rohrl, 131 1600 CL
131rally

« Reply #107 on: September 20, 2012, 08:30:07 PM »

Maybe there is four for lights? Normal driving lights, high beam, then two pairs of rally lights. And the last for rear window heater? Or does the igntion have own relay? Ok. How about the map-light for the co-driver? Where was it? And where did the cables go to the engine compartment? From pictures can be seen that original fusebox is taken away, and hole is welded.

BTW, have you looked inside the drysump tank? Does it have spiral sheet of steel inside, from top to bottom? Or, is it just open canister? New drysump tanks use this spiral for de-aeration of the oil. Do you have pictures of the late version of the can, it was a lot smaller, homologated 1980 or so.

Marko

mirafiori76

« Reply #108 on: September 20, 2012, 08:40:49 PM »

No, it's 3 relais, for headlights, inner beam lights and outer beam lights.
D**m, i made notes, but i can't find them. And i can't recall what i did 2 years ago. Must be aging  Cheesy Wink

It's funny that you mention the rear window heating  Wink. It's made of plexi glass...

Map light is located on the right side and fixed to the anti-roll bar. Doesn't use a relay.

Oil cannister is totally empty on the inside. Oil falls in on the top and is sucked out at the bottom.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 08:46:55 PM by mirafiori76 » Logged

131rally

« Reply #109 on: September 20, 2012, 08:47:34 PM »

Oh, plexiglass..  Cheesy

Do you have pictures of oil lines to trunk, inside the car, or under? How about brake lines? Inside, but where, steel or copper? Did the pedalbox have adjustment? I saw a picture which it didnt have adjustment, only fork in the pedal, and two more forks to cylinders.

Marko
mirafiori76

« Reply #110 on: September 20, 2012, 08:55:47 PM »

Note, the fusebox is from 132.
Forget to put in my former reply.

Oillines are under the bottom of the car, mostly next to prop shaft. They run a strange way. From engine, under the bottom and behind the rear axle they come inside the trunk. Just behind the rear bulkhead.

Perhaps it's a good idea for uou to have a look at my topic. I posted some pictures from almost everything in my car.

Brakes. 2 or 4 at the rear? Handbrake integrated?

Pedalbox. I'm sure you noticed the 2 brake cilinders there. There's another story....

131rally

« Reply #111 on: September 21, 2012, 05:25:46 AM »

I just ordered the fusebox from US. So, first part for dash is coming. About the warning lights, do you have place to buy to originals, or exact copies? And, I noticed there were different amount of lights in the cars, what were the lights, high beam, alternator, oil pressure, and?

Marko
mirafiori76

« Reply #112 on: September 21, 2012, 07:37:32 AM »

A question for you. Maybe i am mistaken, but you are planning to have yourself a group 2 car. Isn't it so that this car wil have a bumper on the front? This means you can't place the beam lights from a group 4 car. Which brings me to your question again...they are not available anymore. Same as for front indicator lights (1978 on).

Next question, control lights on the dash. 1 for alternator, 1 for indicators and 1 for head lights. Control light for oilpressure is in the gauge. This is just a small light, but the gauge is directly in front of you. That's why owners later placed a big warning light in the middle of the dashboard.
Ofcourse you are free to place as many warning lights as you like, but what i am telling you here is what is original.

131rally

« Reply #113 on: September 21, 2012, 08:30:02 AM »

Yep, I must use plastic bumpers, but I can use g.4 style fender extensions and small fiberglass front spoiler, a bit different in g.2.  And the extra lights, they propably must be external spots on top of the bumper.

I think I saw four warning lights in one picture you attached?

And in one picture, there was two starter button style buttons?

And, in one picture there was digital watch for co-driver. What is the brand of it?

Marko
mirafiori76

« Reply #114 on: September 21, 2012, 08:35:55 AM »

Marko, do you have a picture from such a group 2 car? I would like to see what it looks like.

As i said, you're free to place as many switches or lights as you want. And wherever you want. I just summed the original ones.

I don't know anything about digital stopwatches for the co driver, and i don't like them either. When i have the money i will purchase the orginals. There are two of them and they cost about 800-1000 euro's. That's a lot of money.

131rally

« Reply #115 on: September 21, 2012, 09:03:02 AM »

Isnt this original watch from late seventees ?

131rally

« Reply #116 on: September 21, 2012, 09:05:47 AM »

This is pretty much correct g.2 Racing. EXCEPT the front bonnet is from mkI mirafiori, should be without grooves.

mirafiori76

« Reply #117 on: September 21, 2012, 09:22:02 AM »

Alright, i had this car in mind. Personally i don't like it, but that's me.

The second picture shows exactly what i mean. All the switches and lights are there. And yes, there are the right tripmasters. But they are very rare because they're mechanical and brake down. And very expensive.

131rally

« Reply #118 on: September 21, 2012, 11:06:06 AM »

I know the tripmasters, but what is the digital watch in the picture? Its from right era, I think, from what can be seen from windshield. I think Im going to use this picture as what Im trying to make the dashboard like. Cause I think this pic must be from -78-80 or so. Or, what you think which year the pic is?

Marko
mirafiori76

« Reply #119 on: September 21, 2012, 11:14:52 AM »

I don't know what the digital watch is for. Perhaps anybody else does?

I do believe the picture from the interior is taken from Jean Claude Andruet's car. Second position in 1977 Monte Carlo Rally. Perhaps you can ask "Biche" what she used to do with the digital watch... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  Wink

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.