Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 07:12:06 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Visiting a Fiat dealer in Italy...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Visiting a Fiat dealer in Italy...  (Read 3851 times)
kev131
Founding Member

« on: March 31, 2012, 01:36:36 PM »

The magic seems to have been sucked out of the marque.

Whatever was lost in the mid to late eighties when Fiats were bland and so "samey", nothing compares with the current loss of identity. This Punto Abarth was the only model to carry an element of Italian brio. Judge the rest for yourselves. The separate Alfa section in this Super Size Fiat dealership in Sicily was the only section that felt Italian.

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 02:00:06 PM »

Agreed Wink

But I'm afraid New cars are of very little interest to me anyway.

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
barry

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 05:01:58 PM »

Totally agree with you and Dave

It is a shame the what is now the Fiat group from 60s to 80s they made some innovitive and classic styles with some niche cars as well now they all look the same and have to bring american ( no offence to our american friends on here) cars to european show rooms for me it's a sad time for the group as a whole.
Rob 131

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 05:51:18 AM »

Not totally in agreement with this one  Undecided. The dealership looks quite nice. I had a Fiat Punto Evo 1.4 16V Hire Car in Italy in 2010 and including some long trips I found it to be a characterful and spirited car  Undecided Undecided.

Many Manufactures these days follow Customer Clinics and therefore cars tend to be much the same.

Not sure about the Thema (a car I really liked in the 80's and 90's). Aren't they badged as comething else??? Chysler?Huh Whatever there are quite a few here.

How is the Fiat Group doing Globally Sales wise and overall profitability.

Rob 131: 2019 BMW 530d M Sport, 2019 Mini Cooper Clubman, 2015 Kawasaki ZX6R 636 Performance Edition & 2012 Alfa Romeo Mito 1.3JTDM

Formally Owned an Orange 1979 131 Mirafiori Sport in 90/91

UK
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 10:24:53 AM »

I don't like to see any sort of 'badge engineering' myself but it's a certainty if companies are to survive in these lean times.  Undecided I find it strange though that cars like the UK marketed Chrysler 300C are badged as Lancia Thema in Italy, when the Lancia Delta and Ypsilon are badged as Chrysler here. Huh All very confusing - but in truth I think the well informed car buyer these days is not so easily fooled - at least, I hope they're not! Wink

Like you Dave I too am quite 'disinterested' in 'modern cars', at least for the time being - and the pics above only go to reinforce that. I think the late 60's to mid 80's was a great time for the motor industry, even when factoring in the 'petrol crisis' of the early 70's. The variety of cars available was huge - it's a shame that we don't have the same 'exciting' choice today. Undecided

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
Rob 131

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2012, 11:54:33 AM »

Simon

The period that you cited was certainly the time that interests me most. Maybe this was because that time most of us on this Forum were young and impressionable.

I still maintain that Alfa and Fiat make the effort with their modern cars to be different. Just look at the success of the Fiat 500.

On a personal note I am still deliberating between a used Alfa 159 and a Audi A6.

Rob 131: 2019 BMW 530d M Sport, 2019 Mini Cooper Clubman, 2015 Kawasaki ZX6R 636 Performance Edition & 2012 Alfa Romeo Mito 1.3JTDM

Formally Owned an Orange 1979 131 Mirafiori Sport in 90/91

UK
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.