Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 08:59:47 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Replacement door rubbers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Replacement door rubbers  (Read 6325 times)
Kiwi131R

« on: March 09, 2016, 10:05:28 AM »

The original door rubbers on my 1980, 2 door 131R are well past their usefulness and need to be replaced.

Has anyone else found that new, aftermarket profiles look the same but seem to be manufactured from thicker rubber and tend to spring the door and frame?

Are original door rubbers available? If so, from where? What have other people on the forum done? Any advice appreciated.
bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 09:31:56 PM »

Cicognaniguarnizioni.it is a company which can help, it is the same profile as from the Autobianchi A112, had 2 with one of my cars and fits perfect, onlusten had to cut a short part of it

Good Luck, Greetings, Albert

bellamacchina  Albert

Dronten  Flevoland the Netherlands
Kiwi131R

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2016, 10:42:21 PM »

Thank you very much for your reply Albert. I watch the posts on the Fiat forum regularly and it is a great place for enthusiasts to share information and get quality advice from people with a world of 131 experience. I have owned my 131R for 22 years. For the last seven it has been undergoing a full rebuild. (It was never meant to get as involved as it has but the car is a keeper and I like to do things properly). It is currently in the paint shop so I think there is light at the end of the tunnel.

As I mentioned previously it has been a real struggle to find door rubbers which fit correctly. The 131's have varied pinch weld thicknesses and different sized gaps between the inside of the door and the body around the circumference of the door making it difficult to find a profile which suits. Most of the aftermarket rubber available here in New Zealand is too small to form a seal or has a rubber wall thickness which is too great to allow the door to seal but still close comfortably. 

I had a look at the website you suggested and it looks like they have a very extensive range. Given the popularity of 131's, especially replica Abarth cars it is interesting that they do not have any 131 rubber parts in their stock? How did you discover that the Autobianchi A112 door rubber was the same profile? Do they have images of the rubbers anywhere showing a sectional view with dimensions, or is it possible to contact them to arrange to post out samples of their profiles? You mentioned that you had to cut a section of the Autobianchi A112 rubber. Did it need to be shaped somehow or was the rubber to long and need to be shortened? We don't have those cars here in New Zealand but in the images I found online they appear to be a pretty small vehicle and look unlikely to have doors the same size or bigger than a 131R. Perhaps you bought several rubbers and made your own ones up for the 131 by joining them in the corner at the B pillar?
my nz 131r

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 08:38:44 AM »

Hi were are you in nz I am about to send my 1980 fiat 131R to the paint shop too.
I live in nz Levin
regards Logan
bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 08:07:21 PM »

THanks for your comment! Nice you own it for so long, I own my orange car for over 25 years now, still love it!
A few years ago I bought a silver car in Italy, with it was a bag with bill from Cicognani for 2 A112 doorrubbers, I only had to cut a few cm's and they fitted perfect in the car. I expect you need twice partno 11095160, but I sended them a mail with the question and wait for a reply!

bellamacchina  Albert

Dronten  Flevoland the Netherlands
bolger

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 01:59:19 PM »

Hi Bellamachina, any response from  Cicognani  ? I am in the market as well.

131 Lover

Fiat power No mercy !!!

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2016, 04:02:18 AM »

Hi!
I bought complete set inc trunk for my four door from Yagmur! rainspeed.com
I am sure he can get or have for the 2-door as well!

Cheers
Alf

My name is Alf Andersson and live in Alvesta in the south of Sweden,
These are my Fiats
3X Fiat 131 -83 supermirafiori 2000Tc
1X Fiat 131 -82 supermirafiori 2000Tc
2x 131 2-door 1600cl -81
panayis

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2016, 08:29:30 AM »

I bought also a set but i don't think that he have for the two doors..
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.