Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 05:57:33 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Racing or Abarth for 3MA08?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racing or Abarth for 3MA08?  (Read 3565 times)
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« on: February 28, 2008, 10:33:31 AM »

Which one should I get prepared for the event this year? Both need money spending on them (repairs, MoT, Tax, etc) and I can't afford to spend out on both, so which one should I go for? Huh Huh

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 12:07:53 PM »

That's a tough one I think  Undecided

The 3MA event is intended for all types of 131s from a 1300 to the Abarth and the performance advantage of the Abarth should have no bearing on your decision. But it's a long drive to Scotland for you from Farnborough and the routes we intend to be driving for the 4 days of the 3MA will be very much enjoyed in an Abarth so on the basis of that the Abarth would be the logical choice.

But, having said that, the driving should be just as enjoyable in your Racing and since your Abarth has been seen at last year's 3MA, I would say you should bring the Racing this year. Plus I don't know of another Silver Racing coming to this year's 3MA and we need to have at least one of each of the production colours for the 131 Sport/Racing  Wink

And for those of you who don't know Simon's cars, here's a photo of each:

PS Of course if you really can't decide none of us will complain if you bring both! I am sure Wendy would be up to driving the Racing to Scotland and then you can pick and choose on the day while you are there!  Grin
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 12:09:48 PM by Thotos » Logged

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 08:10:30 PM »

Much that I'm sure Wendy would love to drive one of them up to Scotland, I'm not sure I could afford to put the petrol in two cars - one is quite enough for such a long journey Shocked

Just a note to those of you how might be wondering - both of my cars are shown in ''Theo's pics'' still wearing their original Italian plates (shows how old they are T Grin) but both are now sandwiched between UK (Reading, Berkshire) plates. Grin Grin

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
f1lmm

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 11:50:42 AM »

That's a tough one I think? Undecided

The 3MA event is intended for all types of 131s from a 1300 to the Abarth and the performance advantage of the Abarth should have no bearing on your decision. But it's a long drive to Scotland for you from Farnborough and the routes we intend to be driving for the 4 days of the 3MA will be very much enjoyed in an Abarth so on the basis of that the Abarth would be the logical choice.

But, having said that, the driving should be just as enjoyable in your Racing and since your Abarth has been seen at last year's 3MA, I would say you should bring the Racing this year. Plus I don't know of another Silver Racing coming to this year's 3MA and we need to have at least one of each of the production colours for the 131 Sport/Racing? Wink

And for those of you who don't know Simon's cars, here's a photo of each:

PS Of course if you really can't decide none of us will complain if you bring both! I am sure Wendy would be up to driving the Racing to Scotland and then you can pick and choose on the day while you are there!? Grin

your are one lucky fecker Grin,i like the abarth,but if you see either car,it would just be amazing because of the rarity Wink
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 02:57:26 PM »

Yes I agree that looking at those photos you are one lucky f****r!! Two beauties.  Wink

I agree with Theo, Si, on the basis that the Abarth was at 3MA07 and I'm keen on having the 4 Sport factory colours at 3MA08. Need to make a decision soon though!!  Shocked

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
BKFIAT

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 05:28:40 PM »

Bring the Abarth and have the rest of the crew eat your shorts Cheesy

fiat 131 1600,1300 1300S, 2000sp.? 127 1050,1050sport, 1300GT ,903s, x/19 1300,850sport, 132 1800ES,2X132 2000TC,900T CAMPER, 16V 2.0 Coupe,16v Marea,20v Marea, lada 1500cc estate,MINI 1000,Mahindra 4x4 2.1D& 2cvCo.Roscommon,Ireland.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.