Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 10:55:21 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  For Sale and Wanted (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  131R FOR SALE
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 131R FOR SALE  (Read 8063 times)
gunobla

« on: November 25, 2009, 11:00:22 AM »

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Fiat/auction-256240045.htm.

Seems like someone has done a good restoration job on this one
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 02:22:01 PM »

How much is that in GBP or Euro?

Looks like a very good job has been done on it with plenty of modifications too.

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
sid131

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 02:39:06 PM »

6,573.04 euro Dave
its gained a couple of stickers since it was for sale before, looks a nice car on the outside need some panel gaps put right & the drivers door fitted properly, whats it like underneath ? & the interior needs a retrim or maby redyed as its  all faded.
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 02:52:15 PM »

Quite a sensible price then in view of all the work it has had. As always you need to see them in person though.

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
131NZ

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 06:13:37 PM »

As i said in a previous thread, I have seen and driven this car recently and made an offer on it as recently as 12 weeks ago but the offer was turned down and the guy who did buy it is now selling it for what can only be described as "one with a fairly big profit margin". Good luck to him but I will be very very surprised if  it sells for that price in N.Z.  It is a good car and the only thing that needed done was the seat colouring. Buy it and ship it to U.K./ Eire and you got a good rust free right hand drive import for some good Euro.

I,m Paul and I,m an expat Scot living in N.Z.? A? former owner of SFS 639V.
gunobla

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 07:47:13 PM »

The cost of restoration of my cars costs far in excess of $13,600 when I take them back to bare metal and rebuild them ground up.  The cost is usually around $25,000.  Paul you obviously know more about this car than I do though.
MF 131

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 08:58:03 PM »

Who wants to count the cost.Thats why i called mine Mid Life Crisis.Its only money and you can't take it with you.Not that i had a lot. We ALL pay for Passion one way or another.When i go the Kids can fight over and the Bills. Cheers gary

Gary Want.Mid life crisis to restore 131R.Also YamahaXS 650 Not to many 131Rs down under but plenty of rust
curt

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 09:02:33 PM »

Ive done a quick math on this  Smiley
The car is roughly 6  grand uk sterling
best shipping quote i had was approx 1800 quid with insurance without knowing all the details
If what the owner says is true about the car - Its a very reasonably priced 131 sport without any of the hard work  Grin

Damn- Ive just blown all my cash on a house extension  Sad Sad

Im jealous of simons garage -I will post pictures of mine with 'the only sport ' Ill ever own  Sad

Solihull West Midlands
Still keeps hoping for another sport !
sid131

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2009, 09:11:51 PM »

A friend of mine took a celica from australia & the shipping quates he got were for about 2k euro & by the time he got it with all the docks fees & shipping the price was 4000 euro so that car would realistically cost about 10k euro to get to Ireland, even if it needs the interior done its far better than any left hooker.
MF 131

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2009, 09:31:24 PM »

Ask Geoff what it cost to ship his Fiat 125 for the Paris to Peking Rally.From memory it sounded a good price.

Gary Want.Mid life crisis to restore 131R.Also YamahaXS 650 Not to many 131Rs down under but plenty of rust
131NZ

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2009, 11:25:20 PM »

The cost of restoration of my cars costs far in excess of $13,600 when I take them back to bare metal and rebuild them ground up.  The cost is usually around $25,000.  Paul you obviously know more about this car than I do though.
Ok heres my thoughts. Keep in mind this resto was done 4-5 yrs ago!About 12 weeks ago the car was for sale at about the current for sale price. I flew up to see it/drive it.....and was quite impressed. However, the car to ME was not worth the asking price regardless of how impressed I was. You have to factor many things as we all know and COST/VALUE was a factor to me. This car has a claimed $25000 resto on it and i believe it to be true but again we all know that money is never going to be recovered. The car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. In the U.K. /Eire, the price is a good one but I personally think the car is overpriced for a N.Z. market and as much as I love the car and want it.....I,m not going to pay more than I think its worth to ME. Obviously other peoples opinions will differ. I hope the car goes to a good home

I,m Paul and I,m an expat Scot living in N.Z.? A? former owner of SFS 639V.
gunobla

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2009, 12:31:57 AM »

Ask Geoff what it cost to ship his Fiat 125 for the Paris to Peking Rally.From memory it sounded a good price.

Including all handling and charges I shipped my car from Southampton to New Zealand for around $3600 NZ after the Peking to Paris trip.  There were two cars in a 40ft container.  The $3600 is a half share of the total cost.
turb

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2009, 07:57:23 AM »

I remember looking at 131racings in the late 80's that were selling for this kind of price, even then most of them were completely stuffed in the body and you were buying a whole lot of heart ache, in the end I gave up and went for a 124 BC coupe( a great compromise ). I agree with 131NZ over priced for the market.
n14elx

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2009, 10:43:56 PM »

Well if someone does bring it here to the UK I have a logbook LOL
Tas131

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2009, 01:31:22 AM »

Tell him he's dreamin'

Mick.
Tasmania. Australia.
Red/grey series 2 (Daily driver)
Dark blue series 1 (Dismantled)
Light blue series 2 (Crashed then dismantled)
Metallic blue series 2 (Dismantled)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.