Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 05:38:54 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  The Garage (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  1981 131 Racing rear axle question
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1981 131 Racing rear axle question  (Read 6599 times)
cfont60

« on: December 29, 2009, 01:51:28 AM »

I am planning to have the rear axle of my Racing completely repaired and was wondering if the axles from Lada or Fiat 125 are the same as the 131 (bearings, gaskets, seals, etc.). Both Ladas and 125s are very common here whereas 131s are not. Any help will be appreciated.
Greetings

Carlos

Carlos Font    Fiat 131 Racing 2000TC
Buenos Aires
Argentina
Castrol

Fiat the way of life....no sense just feeling

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 06:09:00 AM »

Hello Carlos!

Lada rear is different than Fiat but width is almost same. Suspension arms are in different places and panhard rod also, Bearing that i don?t know but i think that some off axle seals are same in both.
 Fiat 131 rear is back opened model and Lada has front and the ladas differential comes out in one piece after you remove drive-axles. I can look in factory manuals both of those bearings and tell you then if i remember Wink i have terrible bad memory in my head.

Cheers:Ari

Old Fiat?s don?t die they come to my garage Smiley
Fiat 131 Racing replica
Ex:Fiat Argenta 120ie
djape1977

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 01:22:16 AM »

as far as i remember, 125 and 131/132 have same bearings and oil seals. lada has diferent dimensions. rear axle from 132/argenta would be much closer match since only diference to 131 is panhard rod mounting point as far as i know

get a bigger hammer!
Tas131

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 11:16:48 AM »

rear axle from 132/argenta would be much closer match since only diference to 131 is panhard rod mounting point as far as i know

Upper control arm mounts are also different, 131 mounts are straight, same as the bottom, 132 top mounts are angled towards the centre.

Mick.
Tasmania. Australia.
Red/grey series 2 (Daily driver)
Dark blue series 1 (Dismantled)
Light blue series 2 (Crashed then dismantled)
Metallic blue series 2 (Dismantled)
cfont60

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 04:25:14 PM »

Guys, thats very good news, 125 was made here so parts will be very easy to find. There are lots of 125s still running around.
Thanks for the help.

Carlos Font    Fiat 131 Racing 2000TC
Buenos Aires
Argentina
djape1977

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2009, 05:14:40 PM »

rear axle from 132/argenta would be much closer match since only diference to 131 is panhard rod mounting point as far as i know

Upper control arm mounts are also different, 131 mounts are straight, same as the bottom, 132 top mounts are angled towards the centre.

now that you mentioned it, yup, you're right. i havent even noticed. believe it or not, i never had to change any of rear suspension arms on my 132s or on 131. meanwhile, i can remove and install back on ladas' rear axle blindfolded  Roll Eyes

i'm toying with an idea for some time now, i think that combination of 132 and 131 rear suspension would be the winning formula. straight lower suspension arms, as on 131 and 132, angled upper suspension arms as on 132, panhard rod as on 131 and lada, anti roll bar as on argenta volumex and lada VFTS, rear discs as on 125 and 132 1800, limited slip diff from my ex steyr 132 1800 automatic...
i'll try this combo on my "mule" car, lada with a fiat's twincam. might be interesting

get a bigger hammer!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.