Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 04:19:31 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  For Sale and Wanted (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Rear seat belts wanted for 4 door 131
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rear seat belts wanted for 4 door 131  (Read 4138 times)
Crazypierre

« on: October 24, 2010, 05:45:40 PM »

Hi Guys,
Looking for some rear seat belts for a 1979 131 CL 1300. It does not have any and I need to take the kiddies out in it occasionally. I assume these have the anchor points under the seat? I can see the plastic cover caps on the rear pillars. I think I'll need to fit the non inertia reel ones but that's fine.
Anyone got any they don't need and want rid of?
Cheers
Pete
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 06:11:58 PM »

hi
 My reels are under the seat and the other anchor points are there as well ,theyve got big white
plastic plugs in and then the  threaded bolt hole is expossed . Smiley
 i used punto rears  i think
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 06:14:42 PM by jasonh131 » Logged

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
Crazypierre

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 06:25:35 PM »

Hi Jason,
I can't see how mine could have inertia reels fitted as there is nowhere on the rear shelf for the belts to thread through....I think my model must have been designed for static ones.....
Pete
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 06:34:54 PM »

I can't quite remember but I have a feeling you may have to mount the reel inside the boot and cut access holes in the parcel shelf for the belt to come through. Perhaps the cut outs are marked underneath the parcel shelf?

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2010, 07:09:45 PM »

I can't quite remember but I have a feeling you may have to mount the reel inside the boot and cut access holes in the parcel shelf for the belt to come through. Perhaps the cut outs are marked underneath the parcel shelf?

Yes I'm sure that is right - My 4 door is not set up for them but when I closely examined a scrapped 131 in Sicily a while ago, that's the set up I saw.  Smiley
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 08:08:11 PM by kev131 » Logged

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Crazypierre

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010, 07:52:16 PM »

Hi
There seems to be like a flap in the insulation material under the parcel shelf so that's where I guess the belt could thread through. But I just had a look in the boot and can't see any bolt holes where the reels could bolt to.
I'd be quote happy to have static belts bolted to the pillar where I see a plastic plug.......Anyway, thanks for your help. This isn't a top priority, I have 3 other cars to ferry the kids in. But, they are always hassling me to ride in the "yellow" car (the 131)!
Cheers
Peter
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 05:36:02 PM »

The threaded fixing holes in the rear of the car are set for 'fixed' belts - that's non-inertia type and that's what I have fitted in my Abarth and orange Special. I've never fitted inertia one's into a 131, but Peter if you want a hand fitting the 'fixed' ones let me know, it's only a couple of hours work at the most and I'll happily help you out if you want to drop over. Wink

Incidentally, the ones I bought are readily and cheaply available at any good motor factors - I purchased them at both Camberley Auto Factors and Whoopee Motor Factors, very cheaply. Grin

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
Yagmur

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2010, 05:58:13 PM »

Hi Guys,
Looking for some rear seat belts for a 1979 131 CL 1300. It does not have any and I need to take the kiddies out in it occasionally. I assume these have the anchor points under the seat? I can see the plastic cover caps on the rear pillars. I think I'll need to fit the non inertia reel ones but that's fine.
Anyone got any they don't need and want rid of?
Cheers
Pete
Hi,
Why didn't you call me.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.