Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 11:08:46 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  The Garage (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  oil pressure and more problems.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: oil pressure and more problems.  (Read 5651 times)
joan131

A happy men

« on: November 23, 2013, 07:23:41 PM »

We continue here with the comments in the post mirafiori76, Thanks.
Hi, after doing several tests with clocks, pumps and valves to discharge the oil pump, I managed to have a maximum pressure of 5.5 bar, hot.
A 1.000rpm, hot, is on about 2.75 bar.
Pressure remains high but is acceptable?
Another problem has appeared to boot up the engine, the compression of the cylinder 2 from escaping from the carburetor.
I removed the valve cover, I checked the adjustment of valves.
The admission number 4 of this ride.
The problem is, I can not downgrade because there is more valve stem which is lower, and the bucket is only tread cam.
Solution: remove the head and replace the valve, 0.30 mm or lower the bucket
strada

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 09:01:05 PM »

its difficult to make out exactly what you are saying, valve seat recesion was a problem on these engines long before unleaded fuel came along.more to do with the high RPM they ran at.  BMW e36 M3 shims are the same diameter but much thinner if that helps.

my name is chris reynolds, i currently own 2x supermirafiori mk3, strada 65cl, strada75cl auto, strada super85 convertable, strada 105tc mk1, strada105tc mk2
joan131

A happy men

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 01:25:02 PM »

Hi, I was unable to repair the sound for adjusting valves. Lower the bucket of a 8v, I did not cut mine 16v for safety.
Sounds like a big adjustment, not much.
The next repair will try to put the bucket of e36M as strada said.
The pressure remains very high with this watch, the other is acceptable, I'm expecting another mechanical watch to make more prueva.
Upload a short video.
Greetings.
joan131

A happy men

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 01:37:23 PM »

Short video:

http://youtu.be/gymMR5cfYWk

mirafiori76

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2013, 06:33:58 PM »

Hi Joan,

I watched and listened to your video very carefully.
To start with the end part of the video: the pressure still runs up way too high. We must be missing something here. Hower, i can't think of anything else there could be wrong. We discussed every posibility. But i will keep thinking of a solution.

Then the sound, or sounds, from the engine. You should really check the valve clearance. By the sound of it, the clearance is way too big. However, the engine runs very smooth.

The sound from the carburators is wonderfull. I remember the roar from mine some years ago. It's louder then any 8V can produce.

Last question: is your car a Stradale with Racing interior, or is it a converted Racing or any other 2-door?

Mike.131 Abarth group 4, 131 Racing Walter Rohrl, 131 1600 CL
joan131

A happy men

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 01:02:59 PM »

Hello, is a fiat 131 racing, had no budget to buy a genuine abarth as I would like ...
My intention is to leave it as close to a abarth stradale, for now I have the engine 16v, independent rear suspension type abarth, and later have in mind to replace the rear optical group for the first series, I got home about to mounting.
Then replace the dashboard, the door panels for the first series (will be hard to find) I also located stradale rear seats, but they are very expensive!, And finally modify the front suspension by abarth type.
Is all that I have in mind to make time.
joan131

A happy men

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2013, 07:11:19 PM »

Hello, I still have the last part of this series.
Today I left you to try again the car everything in place, everything seemed to be going well, suddenly the sound of the engine changed and lost power, I come home, I removed the air filter, and again the compression of cylinder 2 came out for the carburetor, valve adjust and stay big adjustment tread is back or close.
That is what can be happening? Valve seat wrong? Valve maybe? Now if you'll have to remove the head and check valve that goes with that.
I think it will be a long season in the garage standing this time.
When the day riding head new arrive, I will comment on here about reducing pressure if the dismount or leave, but until that day, which is far, only I can give thanks for the responses and the interes.Gracias.
joan131

A happy men

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 12:52:08 PM »

Hello, maybe this bit of luck, I think I can repair the fault without removing the head, I think I have the hat valve. upload photo.

joan131

A happy men

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2013, 11:20:42 PM »

Hi, I found the problem of valve timing. valve seal was broken.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.