Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 04:03:15 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Another newbie
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Another newbie  (Read 5830 times)
Che

« on: June 21, 2007, 11:17:21 AM »

having just registered I thought I'd say hello, and complement you guys on a fantastic site! Smiley

Normal story, used to have one blah blah blah (mind you, was 15 years ago and I think I paid ?50 FOR IT! Smiley ) Who knew then how hard to find they would become. It always makes me laugh when you see the price guides for them, yet funnily enough they never come up for sale anywhere near the prices they are listed at. I suspect the true value is nearer what people are paying for good RS 2000's rather than the ?2000 list price. Anyway, have advertised your forum on the Fiat Coupe Owners Club UK forum http://www.fccuk.org/forum (I have a Chrono Grey LE, and a 131 is the only car I'd consider getting rid of it for), where there are a few admirers of the 131.

Best of luck with it all, looks like your event this year was a great success!

'Salesmen are today's great communicators. They are out there pushing cars, real estate, advertising.
 That is where the real morality is played out in society today.'
 Jeff Koons. b.1955
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 11:37:32 AM »

Hello Che, welcome to our website and thanks for your kind comments.  Cheesy

As you say "normal story". There are so many people who say "I used to have one, loved it, I wish I still had it, where can I get another?". It's good to see that these wonderful cars are finally getting the respect and admiration they've always deserved.

There are still a lot of good 131s available to buy but you might have to consider LHD from the Continent to get a really good one. Good ones in the UK do come up for sale from time to time but most UK owners tend to keep them for a long time. And of course you are right about the price guides in the Classic Car press. I don't understand why they insist in under-valuing the 131s when all good cars for sale seem to go for twice or even more as the top prices given in magazines.

Our 3MA meeting in 2007 was a great success and we all had a great time. You have about 10 months to get yourself a 131 and join us for 3MA-2008!  Grin

PS Thanks for the advert and for defending the virtues of the 131s on the FCCUK forum! (http://www.fccuk.org/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=380177)

PPS There's a possibility that 3MA-2008 will take place in the Scottish Highlands. That's not too far away from you so start looking for your dream 131. Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 11:51:24 AM by Thotos » Logged

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Che

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 11:58:09 AM »

Well it would be fantastic to see you guys over here, I keep hoping someone in a 131 will turn up at the annual Scottish Italian car day held in St. Andrews in May, but not seen one yet! Smiley

As for finding one myself, I keep looking and watching, I'm sure the right car will come along. Out of interest, did the ?5k one that popped up on Ebay sell in the end? I saw it go round twice, and also read with some amusement the comments people sent the vendor.

'Salesmen are today's great communicators. They are out there pushing cars, real estate, advertising.
 Jeff Koons. b.1955
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 12:30:45 PM »

Well it would be fantastic to see you guys over here, I keep hoping someone in a 131 will turn up at the annual Scottish Italian car day held in St. Andrews in May, but not seen one yet! Smiley

Well, if you are extending an invitation, we'll see what we can do! I bought my car in Scotland (all those years ago) so the car should know its way back there. Some of us from the South of the UK have been known to travel far in our 131s for Italian Car days! Have a look at http://www.fiatmotorclubgb.org/Events/Ratoath/index.htm. I've always wanted to see the Falkirk Wheel and I almost managed it a couple of years ago when I was driving around Scotland but things didn't go according to plan!  Cry Please keep us informed about the Scottish Italian Car Day and any other interesting Italian Car events in Scotland. We might consider tagging 3MA-2008 onto another interesting event.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Che

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 04:45:27 PM »

Consider the invitation extended Thotos, and for any owners passing this way, I live a few doors along from http://www.udny.co.uk/ and will happily stump up for a pint in return for a nosey at your car! Smiley

Jeff Koons. b.1955
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2007, 05:57:23 PM »

Howdy Che - Welcome to the site and congratulations on the being the 100th site member! Grin

As Theo says the 131 engenders much enthusiasm these days and there are lots of good cars for sale if you are prepared to travel within Europe and put up with LHD - My own experience of driving on the wrong side actually adds to the exclusivity of my car so dont let it put you off.

Scotland seems to be a definite possibility if we can try to find a window of time where we stand a good chance of reasonable weather without hitting the high season on hotel/ferry prices.

When you get a chance we'd love to hear of your own 131 memories and if you can hunt down and scan a few photos all the better.? Wink

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
mick131

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2007, 07:07:36 AM »

Hi Che and welcome,

Just had a look at the link you posted....is Montrose up that way ?, went once and there is some lovely scenery around there. Would defineately like to visit the area again.

Mick Wilson
Birkenshaw, West Yorkshire, UK.
hicky131

The future's bright - The future's orange

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2007, 08:42:21 PM »

Hi Che,

I'll be travelling up your way next month with a bit of luck up to my parents house at john o groats and could make a slight detour to your neck of the woods.
My car came from edinburgh so it should know its way up there!
That'll proberbly be fourth time it's been out of the garage this year so the run should do it some good! Cheesy

Wayne.

Wayne Hickman,
Huddersfield,West Yorkshire, UK
Che

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 11:47:19 AM »

Hi Wayne,

If your passing this way let me know, would be really interested to see the car. Drop me a PM and I'll send you my number.

Che Smiley

Jeff Koons. b.1955
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.