Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 11:18:02 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  The Garage (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Brake fluid DOT3 vs DOT4
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brake fluid DOT3 vs DOT4  (Read 4131 times)
Crazypierre

« on: October 03, 2008, 04:22:12 PM »

Hi Gents
Can't find DOT3 anywhere. Would DOT4 cause any damage to the components or it is OK to use despite the reservoir stating DOT3?
Cheers
Pete
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 04:26:48 PM »

DOT4 or DOT 5.1 (which I use) will be fine. DOT3 is the minimum standard, the others are just newer and higher spec fluids which will perform better, e.g. boil at a higher temperature. Not that you will probably notice much difference except in your wallet!

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
Crazypierre

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 05:34:04 PM »

Thanks Dave, much obliged.
How's that nice green 132 of your's?
(Always liked those. Another aunt of mine had a nice silever metallic one with all the extras on it and sports wheels with very low profile tyres on it-lovely car, expect it was full of rust everywhere!)
Pete
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 06:33:51 PM »

No progress on the green 132 yet, except it is now nice and dry in the garage. I'm still trying to reluctantly sell my Supermirafiori auto so I can get the Argenta inside for the winter and buy some 130 parts to get the bodywork done on that. There are just not enough hours in the day!

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.