Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:15:34 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  New 131 in the family
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New 131 in the family  (Read 5640 times)
kev131
Founding Member

« on: May 07, 2008, 06:42:00 PM »

I have been off line for a few days as I took the plunge and added a partner to my Sport. I bought it off Ebay a few weeks ago and flew out to pick it up in Ancona yesterday.

It is a Supermirafiori 1300TC 1982 - 1 owner from new. The first owner passed away in 1996. His widow could not bear to part with it until this year when it was bought by a classic car dealer. The car was advertised with the words as it left the factory!!

Although this was a slight exaggeration the car is in fantastic condition and drives as close to a new one that you could hope to find at this stage. The car has just 26000kms registered which is just over 15000miles and respesents use of 1000 miles pa while the owner was alive. It is the tightest and sweetest sounding 131 I have ever driven.

I was a bit apprehensive about buying a 1300 when what I wanted was a 2000. Having driven 1200kms since 16.30 yesterday mostly along Autostradas and Autoroutes all my worries are gone! It keeps up with modern motorway traffic with ease and with the flexibility of a 2 litre. Fiat claims a 160km/h max speed and I have seen 175km/h indicated with more to come so the engine appears to be in great health!

Other surprise include how capably it changes lanes at high speed - it gives loads of confidence popping in and out and the biggest surpise of all is how effective the brakes are!! I think I will transfer the entire system to my Sport!? Cheesy Grin

Electric windows, central locking {no PAS on the 1300], a proper internally adjustable door mirror and effective ventilation - All major improvements on the series 2. This is a serious contender for Italy for 3MA09!!! Grin

I will post some pics soon - Theo:Simon have one on their phones taken in the Alps this morning.

Tomorrow I set off from Auxerres via Paris to Cherbourg to catch the ferry to the Emerald Isle. If Mark and Brendan are around Friday afternoon Ill be paying them a visit!? Wink
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 07:09:01 AM by kev131 » Logged

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 07:10:23 PM »

Congratulations on your new purchase  Kevin!

I remember the car from the advert on our forum but I have not received the photo on my phone  Undecided If I had I would post it here for all to see  Wink

That's quite a journey to get the car back; over 1000 miles on the Continent alone without your Irish mileage but of course you have the assurance of a great car to get you there!

Any chance we'll see your new acquisition in Scotland?

* Kevin1300TCTrek.jpg (190.99 KB, 764x340 - viewed 641 times.)

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 07:22:49 PM »

Thanks Theo - That explains the lack of reply!!! Wink

Ill try it again in a minute. Jacquie got it OK.

Yes the EU trip is >1700 kms with another 200 in Ireland. As you say though its a good car and I cant think of too many other things Id prefer to be doing!! Cheesy

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 07:34:01 PM »

Thanks Theo - That explains the lack of reply!!! Wink

Ill try it again in a minute.

Please make sure you use the number I gave you recently and not the old one you had! I'll PM it to you again to make sure you have the right number.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
gerafiori
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 07:47:56 PM »

congrats on your new car kev,
thats a memorable drive to take as a first spin in her
safe home, keep an eye out for you whizz bye on roscrea bypass
regards gerry
markwilliams131

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 08:17:19 PM »

i got the pic on my phone car looks great
looking forward to seeing it on friday
safe driveing kev

131 sport x 4  lancia beta volumex coupe rover sd1 vitesse mini 1275gt
mk2 golf gti  1.9 205 gti   opel omega mv6     alfa 156
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 05:35:58 AM »

Kev, absolutely fantastic news! Wink I'm glad that it was as good when you got there as was advertised.......well, almost. It would have been a very long wasted journey had it turned out to be a dud Undecided

I remember all too well the superb drive-ability of the series 3 Super. They were built for chewing up the miles on the motorways! Grin I had several Series 3 2000TC Supers back from 1987 (XPE613Y, PBL712X) until the mid 90's, and again owned a superficially excellent (but underneath very rusty) example (as pictured with me below) from early 2002 until mid-2003, when like a fool I sold it for buttons Roll Eyes (A546GPD). I totally love them. Like you, I'd love to find a straight 2 litre? Undecided

I'm very sorry to say that I didn't get your multi-media message on my mobile either. Cry

Have a very safe journey home matey, and I look forward to you posting lots of pics here as soon as possible and telling us the whole story over a pint in the hotel on 3MA08 next weekend Grin

* P06.jpg (72.94 KB, 650x414 - viewed 618 times.)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 04:26:07 PM by simon131 » Logged

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.