Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:23:44 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  131 Abarth
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 131 Abarth  (Read 3535 times)
SWB911

« on: May 22, 2009, 07:00:25 AM »

I have been offered a car that is supposed to be a 131 Abarth but I am not certain about its provenance.

The car is in France and has an 8V engine and a chassis code that begins AK.

the owner says "part of a single series of 100 exemplary Fiat-Abarth - AK only constructed for foreign country. chassis number: AK0065*****

I have never heard of the 100 examples with 8V motors, but my Abarth knowledge is limited.

Does anyone know any more and would this be a good base for building a 131 Rally car with the correct motor?

Thanks

Chris
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 10:37:36 AM »

Hi Chris

AK is the series/chassis type reference for the 131 Racing / Sport and most certainly not the Abarth Stradale or Abarth Group 4 cars used in the late 70s/very early 80s. As SteveC says, all known genuine Abarths have the chassis and engine number start with 131AR, and have a 16v engine.

The only other thing that springs to mind is if the car is a later 1981/2 model, then if the engine code is 131 V1 or 131 V2 then it could be a Racing bodied Volumetrico which is technically an "Abarth 8-valve" and would have an AK chassis number, and were produced in extrelemy small numbers - but certainly not exclusively for export/foreign markets.

Do you have any more details or even pics?

Simon

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 01:51:12 PM »

Chris

I am quite sure that the car is a Racing Volumetrico.

First because what Simon says. Genuine Abarths have AR in the chassisnumber.
Second because you talk about a serie from 100 pieces. That is the story published a few times in several magazines about the 131Volumetrico( actually about the Supermirafiori but they also show the Racing). Read my story here in the history part to know more about these interesting cars. Wink
The car is, if what I tell  here, is correct indeed special and in my opinion NOT a good base for another reproduction Sad Sad.
A genuine Racing Volumetrico wears on the typeplate AK V1 and has enginenumber 232R10.

Simon: Racing Volumetrico is AK V1, Supermira Volumetrico A2V2

The Volumetrico range was only for a short while on offer on the italian market. If my info is correct 1 car was exported new to France and it didn't survive.

Please show us pictures Smiley

Albert

bellamacchina  Albert

Dronten  Flevoland the Netherlands
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 11:24:41 AM »

Thanks Albert,

I knew you'd come to my rescue Wink

See you in Torino in a few days Grin Cool

Simon

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.