Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 11:53:41 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  131 abarth group 4
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 131 abarth group 4  (Read 16307 times)
bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2010, 06:22:13 AM »

Mike,

Let us talk live soon as we live very near by! English at this forum is good to me, as I try to do mostly the same.

About the Volumetrico's you're not completely right, the Supers were not from 1983 but 1981/82. I'll show you the documents of my cars. Most Racing Volumetrico's were registered years later as they were produced.

I didn't buy Mauro's car, it is another one I found years back at a dutch dealer. I still have contact with Mauro sometimes Smiley

Don't worry too much about the Abarth article. Just start writing it down. Kevin and Theo will help you eventually with proper english(as they helped me) and put it on the site in the same style as the other articles.

bellamacchina  Albert

Dronten  Flevoland the Netherlands
mirafiori76

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2010, 09:48:34 PM »

Hi Albert,

How is Mauro? Is he a member of this forum? I lost track of him a few years ago. Could you bring me in touch with him?

I will start with the story soon. It won't be easy to find the time while having a family and running a company. But I'll manage it.

Mike.131 Abarth group 4, 131 Racing Walter Rohrl, 131 1600 CL
mirafiori76

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2010, 09:48:41 PM »

I would like to get back to my first posting. After reading a lot of topics I still haven't found a genuine group 4 car. Am I the only one here? Embarrassed Surely group 4 car-owners must have come by this great site. But why do they keep those cars for themselves? If it only were for the parts.

simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2010, 09:32:05 AM »

In answer to your query Mike, no, the Group 4 owners of the World seem to think that being members of our little community is somehow beneath them Roll Eyes.

I was always of the opinion that Pat Horan's car in Ireland was a genuine Group 4 car and sometimes his son asks questions on here. The only other Group 4 owner I know is Mick Wood but he sold his a few years ago to fund his Lancia fetish!  Grin

There are a couple of Stradale owners on here though, including me, who share info as and when we are able.

Simon

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
sportman

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2010, 10:42:16 AM »

MY CAR IS A STRADALE TRANSFORMED THO GR 4 SPECIFICATION
KUGELFISCHER INJECTION
COLOTTI GEAR BOX
GR 4 ORIGINAL BREAKES
ORIGINAL GR 4 SUSPENSION

FOR THE MOMENT I MAKES ME A REPLICA GR 4 WITH ORIGINAL SUSPESION/INDEPENDENT REAR AXEL ORIGINAL GR 4/KUGELFIECHER /DRY SUMP/BREAKES
I WILL DHO FIA HISTORIC RALLY'S
mirafiori76

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2010, 07:42:35 PM »

I found out that Abarth owners are very into themselves concerning their car. There's nobody who's willing to share information. Let alone selling parts. Strange, I think.

I had a Abarth Stradale for a short time some years ago. Had to sell it... Embarrassed Now I'm almost finished restoring my group 4 car. Because I have to wait sometimes for new parts I decided to dismantle my replica. This was a Sport I rebuild in OLIOFIAT livery with as much original Abarth parts as possible. This one I own for 22 years now and it was time for a complete restoration.
This will be my second Abarth now. Because I have an original I now can see how everything should be. It will always be a replica, but everything will look like an original.

I have no problem sharing with other enthousiasts.

stathe174

131 S

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2010, 09:34:08 PM »

And also Abarth owners if they don't crush them (like me Cry) they sell thm at high prices:
http://www.subito.it/fiat-131-abarth-udine-15466613.htm

My 131 Special went HISTORIC
djape1977

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2010, 10:16:21 PM »

abarth is worth repairing no matter how badly crashed

get a bigger hammer!
stathe174

131 S

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2010, 10:46:05 PM »

Back in '92 after falling a 25m cliff and crushed before what was left fall into the sea (jumped out last second 3 broken ribs and a concassion) there was no internet or spares for it to find. So it was a total loss. May it R.I.P.

My 131 Special went HISTORIC
mirafiori76

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2010, 04:45:37 PM »

That's a very high price for this one. And it's not even an original anymore. When I had to sell my Abarth I only got half this price.
Hate the wheels on this car. Where are the original cromodora's? And perhaps the pictures are a bit veil, but this doesn't look like the original color. Who knows what else is changed on this one. I'd certainly wouldn't purchase this car.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.