Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 08:23:42 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  131 abarth GR4
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 131 abarth GR4  (Read 13058 times)
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2013, 08:13:39 AM »

I agree with the vast majority of what's been said above, with a crucial difference.

Rob,

Your comment about there being more 131 Sport buyers than there are cars might be true on certain levels, however most 131 Sport buyers in the UK are not prepared to pay what is fast becoming the going rate for one.

I concur with Mike that a "good" - by which I mean "useable without restoration" Sport/Racing will go for c.?10k, but "very good" cars will fetch far more than that. Original factory colour and spec, RHD cars will always attract a premium here in the UK (whether restored or not) as this sort of car is extremely rare - which is why when Kev131 and I were looking for a good 131 Sport for a smaller budget we looked further afield - both of us chose LHD cars (my silver Racing from Italy and his Orange Sport from Germany) as there was more choice and generally the cars were cheaper. There's always a compromise.

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
mirafiori76

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2013, 09:01:34 AM »

Simon,

I have absolutely no idea how sales are going in the UK or Ireland, or any other country for that matter. I'm sure a "perfect" Racing/Sport will go for 10K or even more. But here in Holland the car is unsellable. Many times i tried to sell my Walter R?hrl and lots of times i spoke with people interested. But my asking price of 8.000 was even too high. As always people want the best for as less money as possible.
Now, with economics almost dropped down below zero, it's just impossible to sell. In previous years it was possible to buy a car older then 25 years without having to pay taxes. People build in a LPG system in and drove very cheap.
This is turned back now, so it isn't interesting anymore to buy an old car. A friend of mine has an orange Racing which is for sale a couple of years now. Mine is as well (for the right price  Wink), but there seems to be no market for any 131 anymore. Parts are scarse and dealers don't have anything in stock, which turns off a lot of maybe potential buyers.
It's really sad  Cry
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 09:17:46 AM by mirafiori76 » Logged

Mike.131 Abarth group 4, 131 Racing Walter Rohrl, 131 1600 CL
cyrus

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2013, 11:20:48 AM »

I 'm daily looking on car trading sites and asking prices for a good 131 sport/racing are between 8.000 and 10.000 euro.

In Belgium its still cheap to own and ride an oldimer: 61,50 euro to get the car on the road and 34,38 euro tax a year.

I want to buy one but I haven't got the money and my garage is rented out.
All my money goes to investments to avoid tax   Wink

The crisis isn't over jet, it's just begun.........
blueboxer

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2013, 08:59:49 PM »

I 'm daily looking on car trading sites and asking prices for a good 131 sport/racing are between 8.000 and 10.000 euro.

In Belgium its still cheap to own and ride an oldimer: 61,50 euro to get the car on the road and 34,38 euro tax a year.

I want to buy one but I haven't got the money and my garage is rented out.
All my money goes to investments to avoid tax   Wink

The crisis isn't over jet, it's just begun.........

funnily enough, was reading an article today in the newspaper saying that the wealthy French are all moving  to Belgium including a certain Gerard Depardieu as a result of the high taxes in France.

Would love to own a UK 131 Sport - get in touch if you have one for sale
Currently have a 130tc, Fulvia and one or two others
mirafiori76

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2013, 09:06:47 PM »

Depardieu went to Russia  Cheesy

blueboxer

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2013, 09:12:35 PM »

Depardieu went to Russia  Cheesy
apparently he's taken Russian nationality and Belgium tax residency according to the London Evening Standard today. Of course, he could have come to Jersey -  we have no road taxes, 5% vat(gst), 20% income tax maximum and no annual ITV/MOT for our cars +  cheaper petrol/diesel. The price we pay for all of this is living on an island 9 miles by 5 miles wide with maximum speed limits of 40 mph!!!

mirafiori76

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2013, 09:26:45 PM »

Surely he should not come to Holland. The only thing we citizens don't have to pay for is the air that we breathe...yet  Wink

blueboxer

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2013, 09:32:44 PM »

Surely he should not come to Holland. The only thing we citizens don't have to pay for is the air that we breathe...yet  Wink
I think they've already introduced that tax in the UK!!!

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.