Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 09:44:19 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  For Sale and Wanted (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Fiat Croma - no rust ebay
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fiat Croma - no rust ebay  (Read 5001 times)
italianxrays

Fiat 131 - VFP783X

« on: July 10, 2010, 06:42:36 AM »

Smiley
Not many left now, ugly I know but amazing condition. Bobby do you still have that nice full leather interior one ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FIAT-CROMA-CHT1987-BLUE-2-OWNER-NEW-24-000-MILES-/290452777282?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item43a055a942
sid131

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 07:39:27 AM »

wheel trims for mirafioriman!!
djape1977

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 08:27:26 AM »

no reserve price! i'd have that for 103 pounds if it wasn't rhd
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 10:00:47 AM by djape1977 » Logged

get a bigger hammer!
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 09:40:00 AM »

I'd bid on it too but its a long way for me to just pop round and take a look before I bid. Undecided

I had a Super i.e. for ages as my 'cheap' every day runabout about 15 years ago. It was remarkable car. Quite peppy for such a large car, but you could get all sorts of things in the huge load area. Did about 30 to the gallon on average, and that's with my lead boot.

The thing about the model for sale here though is that it's the less desireable CHT model, which had a few less toys than the i.e. Super. Nice example though and someone is bound to get it very cheap.

Mine had rusty wheel arches too, but the bodies are general not prone to rot as they were galvanised. Rear handbrake mechanisms are prone to seizing, so it's no surprise to see that it need 'adjusting' for the MoT.

I hope it goes to an enthusiast as it deserves to be saved. I shall watch it with interest. Cool

Simon

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
djape1977

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 10:03:18 AM »

yup, i had 2.0 ie and it also had a problem with  a handbrake. if it was really cold outside, like -10, and i engaged the handbrake previous evening, in the morning it wouldn't let go untill whole car heated up, like running 20min. in the spot

get a bigger hammer!
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 10:09:42 AM »

I spotted this early today as well and it certainly caught my eye. Lovely preserved example but as Simon says it's the base model where the engine is concerned producing only 90 bhp without the fuel injection (the ie version had 122 bhp from memory).

CHT stood for Controlled High Turbulence and you have to hand it to Fiat for trying to make the mundane sound sexy!  Cheesy I remember being very disappointed with the styling of the Croma when new ...after the traditional boxy shape for large Fiat saloons that had dominated that size of car in their range up to that point. The smooth curves and down tuned engine (in this example at least) combined with the continued departure from twin headlights (like the Regata, Argenta, S3 131) gave it an emasculated look in my eyes.  Undecided

Now however, I do find myself attracted by the car despite not ever having driven one. I do very much cherish the idea of preserving original and good condition Fiats of any model and if I had the storage space this would be on my shopping list (for my Fiat museum that I will build one day.... Grin).

Didn't Theo have a white one as well..? I wouldn't be surprised to see it turn up in North London to add to his eclectic collection of larger Italian cars.  Wink
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 10:12:32 AM by kev131 » Logged

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2010, 09:36:56 PM »

Didn't Theo have a white one as well..? I wouldn't be surprised to see it turn up in North London to add to his eclectic collection of larger Italian cars.  Wink

Yes, I did. I loved my Croma  Kiss. Here it is:

I used to call it "fridge on wheels"  Grin The looks are very bland but scores very high on practicality and comfort. Mine was the fuel injected i.e. and performance was "adequate" but I would think that such a big car with only 90 bhp must feel somewhat puny. But I am watching the auction with interest....  Wink

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Sev131

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2010, 10:24:25 PM »

Smiley
Not many left now, ugly I know but amazing condition. Bobby do you still have that nice full leather interior one ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FIAT-CROMA-CHT1987-BLUE-2-OWNER-NEW-24-000-MILES-/290452777282?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item43a055a942

Still have the 158bhp model turbo/full leather, heated electric seat model. Was my dads pride and joy and is soon to be re-commisioned for me to drive.

When I use to work at a garage in Derby around the fivelamps area, remember a very low mileage Croma CHT use to come in for sevicing/mot. Wonder if this is the car. I'm sure I remember seeing this car for sale on ebay a few months ago again from a trader in Derby.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 10:28:40 PM by Sev131 » Logged
Sev131

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2010, 11:43:49 AM »

Met the new owner today of this car. I sold him some brand new spares.

He is a big Fiat enthusiast and has added this to his collection. A known name in the Fiat motor club.

I didn't realise the car was only 10 minutes walk away from me on sale. Oh well!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.