Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 09:44:52 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Early pressie for Me,Si and Bobby
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Early pressie for Me,Si and Bobby  (Read 18721 times)
Gremlino

« on: December 24, 2009, 10:32:55 PM »

Just looked on Flickr and found that the 131 shoot has been uploaded by Michael Ward.....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/michaelwardphotos/

Stunning  Cool

And the other Abarth shots a few pages back are brill too.

Signature has gone Kaput!
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 11:04:00 PM »

WOW!  Shocked  All three cars look great guys. Very well done and an extra brownie point to Simon for leaving his 3ma09 plaque on the car for a bit of 3ma advertising  Grin

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 01:55:30 PM »

Pics looks great don't they Cool

The reason that the 3MA09 plaque is still stuck to my car is that Kev's taping exercise was rather 'enthusiastic'  Wink The last time I tried to remove it the paint started to lift Roll Eyes. Probably still be on there for 3MA2020!! Wink Grin Cheesy

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
paulcas

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 02:11:25 PM »

Graham, Simon, Bobby,
absolutely fantastic pictures - you must be very proud, I know I would be  Smiley
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 07:46:13 PM »

The reason that the 3MA09 plaque is still stuck to my car is that Kev's taping exercise was rather 'enthusiastic'  Wink The last time I tried to remove it the paint started to lift Roll Eyes.

Hmmm - I'm not sure the blame can be entirely laid at my door - I didn't supply the adhesive mechanism, I didn't apply the plaque to it's current location and I removed mine from my car within 2 weeks of applying it!  Wink

They are fantastic shots as usual from Mike - I don't seem able to download them to my computer though...Is there a reason for this..? Huh

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Gremlino

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 12:59:23 PM »

Michael protects his pics nowdays as in the past people have pilferred them for financial gain.

Not everyone who copied his pics did this but a bit of a sticky point when you put them on Flickr for all the world to see.
Certainly for a proffessional photographer a nightmare when others take and claim your work as their own.

Drop him a line at Auto Italia and see if he'll post you some on a disc ( maybe the offer of money for his efforts would assist?)  Wink .

Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 01:39:25 PM »

In the photo below the 3ma plaque was "photoshopped" off Simon's car  Embarrassed Obviously Auto-Italia don't want to give us free advertising  Undecided

* 131x3.jpg (287.64 KB, 957x513 - viewed 661 times.)

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Gremlino

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2009, 01:47:01 PM »

Perhaps, but more likely they wanted a pic to compare the front ends and the plaque was in the way of doing that ....just an idea but along the lines of Artistic impression maybe.

Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2009, 01:54:56 PM »

I'm sure you are right. I was only joking....

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Gremlino

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2009, 02:12:47 PM »

Ok Theo,

You know how things can escalate on here......boot spoilers?, so I thought I'd better put in an alternative perspective..... Wink Cheesy Grin Cheesy.

Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2009, 02:33:42 PM »

You know how things can escalate on here......

I certainly do!  Undecided And you are of course right again.  Wink

The 3ma plaque is left in place for most shots but has been removed from all the shots of the Abarth on its own (see photo below) and in the photo above. I am sure that was simply done because the plaque was distracting (and not destructing!) in the photos.  Out of interest, when I had a photo shoot of my car for a different magazine, the photographer insisted in removing the tax disc for the still photos and he claimed it was because the car looked better without it and nothing to do with 'dating' the photo  Undecided

* Simon131.jpg (169.28 KB, 800x538 - viewed 665 times.)

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2009, 02:51:49 PM »

I think that the pics have been seriously 'photo-shopped' if you ask me Wink. My car is all the same colour for a start and there's no sign of the cracks in the fibreglass, which are particularly noticeable on the bonnet. Grin

Gra, I think it would be nice if at least we, the cars owners, had been given a CD of these pics, and any others come to that - and I'd have no intention of parting with any hard earned cash - especially as it cost me a day's pay to attend the shoot. Undecided

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2009, 02:59:00 PM »

I'm sure Michael will send the owners of the cars CDs with the photos. He certainly sent me a CD of photos of my Gamma after the photo shoot. I seem to remember he waited until after the article was published in Auto Italia though.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Gremlino

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2009, 04:44:06 PM »

I seem to remember he waited until after the article was published in Auto Italia though.

Yes Theo, I presumed this is what Michael would do.

Si, yes if we get the CD's around the end of Feb time it would be nice (pics are currently due in Febs issue).
When I mentioned 'paying' I was merely suggesting it to Kev if he wanted them Expresso and before we got any copies....otherwise Kev will have to wait.

I also agree that the pics are a tad tweeked with regard to the colour/contrast adjustment.....if they were left as took then the beam from my teeth and receeded hairline would have whited out the exposures  Cheesy Grin Cheesy  

I'm happy with the end product though, Michael stands out amongst other pro shootists with his attention to detail, motion and backdrop and he's also a friendly guy who's really interested in the subjects. I've met other photographers who couldn't care a damn for what they're being paid to shoot and are quite arrogant and pushy with regard to positioning of subject and people.

Again I'm not lecturing, Theo, Si, Jason, Andy, Bobby and many more of us know Michael from our Italian car interests..... just painting a picture for those who've never met him.  Wink      
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 07:41:08 PM by Gremlino » Logged

kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2009, 06:18:01 PM »

Well said Gra - I've only met Michael once, briefly, in Ratoath in 2006 at the first Irish Italian Car day but I'm a big fan of his work - His action shots in particular, are attention grabbing.  Smiley

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.