Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 04:39:13 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  3MA News and other events (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  3MA08 - Day 4
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 3MA08 - Day 4  (Read 3257 times)
kev131
Founding Member

« on: May 30, 2008, 09:54:52 PM »

The last day of 3MA08 opened with another morning of sunshine and anticipation about the forthcoming drive.

This is the hotel. If you look closely you can see some 131s. Wink

We were losing Mick after breakfast and the European contingent mid morning. Mark & Mike were leaving mid afternoon so there was no time to lose.

Mick & Kay on their way..

The convoy left shortly afterwards circumnavigating the Loch once again before climbing the mountain slopes to pass to the other side.

Another opportunity to cram as many 131s into a tiny village filling station!? Wink

Hmm - What's that smell..! Grin

This right turn took us on one of those very special twisty roads that Theo & Simon had found for us. So special in fact that when we got to the other end and after having lunch in Aberfoyle, we decided to drive it again.

"Oh oh ! More papparazzi wanting to interview this strange Greek who travels 100s of miles to see foreigners sing in languages he doesn't understand - Maybe if I wave they will leave me alone!"

By now though we were down to 4 cars and a group of guys who wanted to really enjoy the road this time. Si led off with me second, Mike third and Theo last.

Despite my long time fascination for the 131 I'd never really driven one hard until this weekend and discovered what everyone else has been raving about for years - How easily the back end swings around in a totally forgiving nature with a front end stuck like glue to the tarmac. I did it 3 times, each time with more confidence and with a wider grin on my face. Grin Cheesy

Anyway half way along we lost Theo and we waited for him to catch up - His excuse? He was taking a sip from his take away cup of coffee!? Huh

Off we went again.. and again we lost him. This time though through the static we learnt that he had had a mishap and had to stop. We turned around and found him already with in his overalls, his "bend over - said the nurse" gloves on and his tool kit out. Apparently while doing a catch up after yet another coffee sip, he did a Starsky & Hutch on a series of yumps and his lowered suspension brought the back box into uncompromising contact with the road surface.? Shocked Shocked

The evidence of trying to do too many things at the same time..! All found on the passenger seat!

The damage...!

Despite being a Europhile Theo is an excellent mechanic and was roadworthy again within minutes. He went to start the engine and we all expected the most awful racket - We were surpised to hear simply a slightly deeper bass note from the exhaust. In fact, Theo felt that he preferred the new sound! Wink

Back on the road again we decide to forego Stirling Castle and do some more driving.

We found ourslves making our way back along that riverside road from Day 2 so the cars were spanked along again.

At the end of the day we filled up again with petrol as we were all planning early departures in the morning, before driving back to the hotel for the last time

Had Mike been told off again about his driving...? Cheesy

The last evening was just Theo, Si, Wendy, Mike, Catriona and I. We talked a little about 3MA09 and made some basic decisions making sure that our appetities for Torino 2009 were adequately whetted!? Wink

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 10:54:26 PM »

The evidence of trying to do too many things at the same time..!

I was only drinking coffee, talking on the walkie talkie and taking photos while trying to catch up to three 131s driven by what seemed like possessed madmen! That wasn't too much was it?  Grin

Out of interest, a new exhaust rear silencer was ordered from Grays via ebay on Wednesday, arrived Thursday morning and was painted (I prefer them black!) and fitted Thursday night. The car was in use today and will be going to Stanford Hall tomorrow.  Cheesy

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.