Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 03:10:29 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  3MA News and other events (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  3MA09 - Appetite whetting...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 3MA09 - Appetite whetting...  (Read 4937 times)
kev131
Founding Member

« on: June 28, 2008, 09:54:34 PM »

Of the all of the 3MA events so far the 2009 trip (Pilgrimage?) to Turin seems to have captured the imagination of most people. OK so it is the 35th anniversary of the car but I think it's the lure of driving to and in Italy that is the big attraction along with what seems likely to be an event that will bring out a lot of continental cars that we have not seen before.

I've just been browsing through my unused photos from "The trip home" and felt that there were a "few" in there that might give an idea, to anyone who has not done the trip before, of what delights are in store. Hope you enjoy the pics.  Plus seeing as it is such a dreary weekend here in Ireland (a bit like late November... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes a few pictures of sunshine might lift some spirits!

This is the Adriatic coastline just after I picked up the car.

I'll be coming back here next year!!

The approaching Alps

Lots of road tunnels in Italy - Couldn't seem to find the auto-lights setting for the headlamps in the 131!? Wink

First sight of snow capped peaks...

Coming back down on the French side.

This is called the Autoroute Blanc - White Road.

Lots of these on the fast roads - Tolls I mean!

Down from the mountains and pounding the French motorway system - Not as boring as it may sound - Spectacular colours all around.

Pit stop.

And another toll - It does cost a lot to travel by Motorway but they are generally in superb condition, relatively traffic free and WAY quicker than the alternative roads.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 09:59:15 PM by kev131 » Logged

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 09:12:20 PM »

AFTER TONIGHTS PROGRAME "HOLIDAY DRIVING HELL" on itv 8 pm  THE STOREY PEOPLE CAME OUT WITH ,spain driving in a tunnel with no lights 150e and driveing through france with a radar detecter ,not even turn on 750e and 8 hours locked upand the italian one i missed bit he vowed never to go back....and the distinced lack of road sign awarnes.
 any other stories

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 06:16:59 AM »

I've often driven in 'Continental Europe' and have not yet encountered any of these difficulties - perhaps I'm just lucky - but it's all about awareness and preparation. In any country you can be 'blessed' with a stroppy copper who will bang you up in jail rather than listen to reason. But the laws of other European countries aren't so very different to our own here in the UK or in Eire.

I've travelled pretty extensively throughout Western Europe, having done several 'Road trips' on top of the 'usual' one off trips

1991 - Fiat Twin Cam Register 'holiday' to Italy, taking in France and Italy
1995 - Holiday to Tuscany, via France, Luxembourg, Germany, Austria, car hating Switzerland and Italy
2004 - Collecting my 131 Abarth, home via Italy, Austria, Germany, Luxembourg and France
2005 - Collecting my 131 Racing, home via Italy and France
2006 - Trip to Barcelona, Spain, to ship my sister and her belongings back home

and have seen plenty of UK drivers pulled up at the roadside by the local Bobby for speeding through the countryside, but you get that here!

When I drove to Spain I set my cruise control in Calais and drove until I needed petrol or the loo. I travelled an average of 67mph to cover the 1,000 miles, and the only time I saw a copper was at a couple of toll points and in Barcelona city, when they were nicking the local Boy Racers for having blue neon lights!

The fact is that yes, you can be nicked for speeding or for driving without lights in a tunnel, and yes you can be fined 150 euros 'on the spot' or have you car impounded - but it doesn't happen every day, and most coppers are sensible.

The trick is to make sure that all of your paperwork is in order and about your person, your car has a GB plate on the back, you have a full set of bulbs and a warning triangle - and that you drive sensibly!

Reading up on signs doesn't take long - most of them are the same throughout Europe, so if you don't know them you deserve to be fined.

Programmes like that drive me mad - they only highlight the worst cases and aren't representative of the 'real World'! I also think that the ferry companies and European Tourism Offices won't be too pleased either, especially as Motoring Tourist numbers are likely to fall sharply anyway as a result of rising fuel prices Roll Eyes

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
effe131

Fiat 131 Supermirafiori 1.3 Tc 1983

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 12:40:04 PM »

you of Fiat 131 compliment for your travel in 131 supermirafiori? gotten passionate you cannot lack the next year for the 35 birthday the glorious car Turinese we wait for to you numerous, thus you will have also the possibility of being able to visit the many tourist goals of the city and the outskirtses? Wink

kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 08:28:15 PM »

Bump..!  Wink

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 06:08:14 PM »

And look at the new mirafiori motor village
http://www.italiaspeed.com/2006/cars/fiat/05/mirafiori_motor_village/2805.html
jason

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
sid131

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2009, 06:48:50 PM »

I hope someone on the trip kicks Fiats butts to remind them that there are some cars out there called mirafiori that need new parts & could they supply a back up service for those parts, i can get parts for my 1976 celica from toyota with just the chassis number, tell a Fiat dealer you want parts for a 131 & he says a what?? well thats off my chest enjoy the trip lads & lassies & post loads of photos after the event.
theredx19
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2009, 08:17:55 PM »

Nick what do you needs part for a Fiat as they dont give trouble at all not like those Toyotas....... only joking but it is a very valid point  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.