Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 01:15:25 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  3MA News and other events (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  3ma. What's it like?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 3ma. What's it like?  (Read 3011 times)
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« on: December 24, 2008, 12:49:38 PM »

It's Christmas eve and I am at work (run out of holidays) and don't feel like working so I decided to have a play with my computer and some video files that Rene made while a passenger in my car during 3ma08. People who haven't attended either of the two 3ma meetings often ask "what's it like?". It's difficult to explain the strange feeling of pleasure and "belonging" that one gets while in the company of so many other like minded individuals with an inexplicable affection for Fiat's boxy 131 but one of the easier to explain highlights of the 3ma meetings is all the driving! Here's a short film that might explain what I am trying to say (it's my first 'film' and first ever posting on YouTube so be kind with your comments please)! http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GlcbqkblnI0. Turn up your PC sound as the twin Webber 45 soundtrack is music to the ears! (well it is to my ears anyway...? Grin)

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 01:34:36 PM »

Congratulations on joining the utubers Theo!

Nice bit of film and it certainly does capture the spirit of 3MA.? Wink

The best bit is certainly the sound and the torqueyness of the engine.

How did Rene manage to keep the camera so steady with that sporting suspension set up of yours..?

I was out this morning looking at new software for movie and photo editing for just this purpose - Any suggestions from anyone on a product that is simple and effective to use...? Smiley

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
sid131

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 01:36:51 PM »

Well Theo thats music to my ears also thats a babe of a car you have reminds me of my FIB same colour, my project will be same colour scheme,
you are lucky to be working i was laid off a while ago & just getting odd days here & there but have had time to get the 131 on a chassis roller that i made, pics in projects soon.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.