Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:25:15 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  For Sale and Wanted (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Fiat 131 Supermirafiori for sale
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fiat 131 Supermirafiori for sale  (Read 15269 times)
DavidK

« on: October 24, 2011, 12:47:37 PM »

Hi all.

Further to my ?new member? posting back in August, I am finally able to formally put my Supermirafiori up for sale.

The delay has been due to getting someone more knowledgeable than myself about motor vehicles to take a look at her to give me an idea of her condition ? the last thing I wanted was someone travelling a long way to take a look, only to find that it does not meet with their expectations, and therefore having a wasted journey.

So here goes with a (hopefully) fairly detailed description:-

The car is a 1982 Mark 3 Supermirafiori manual RHD that has been in my family for all bar the first two years of her life (previously being owned by my late father). As far as I am aware, it is very much ?as original?.

It was used regularly until around ten years ago, being serviced and MOT?d annually, but since then has been ?mothballed? in a garage, and is ?SORNed?.

Obviously after so long out of use there is inevitably some rust and corrosion etc, which can be summarised as follows:-

?   All outer wheel arches are rusted and/or holed and need replacing.
?   Roof has a few small rust scabs, some of which are holed.
?   Head lining has dropped at the rear, probably due to dampness.
?   Sills below doors holed and need replacing.
?   Rear wing rusted and/or holed around petrol filling area.
?   Cracking to TCA and roll bar bushes.
?   N/s front end of front chassis holed and deteriorated (rear end also, but to a lesser degree).
?   Corrosion forming around n/s front area where front beam is secured.
?   Most brake pipes corroded and need replacing.
?   Steering rack gaitors show signs of cracking.
?   Inner wings are rusted and/or holed.
?   Surface rust around front roll bar chassis support.
?   Back plate below number plate rusted.
?   Tyres need replacing due to aging/cracking.

There is also a smallish dent to the front o/s wing.

On a more positive note, the engine started after a few turns (using another battery) and runs quite well, and she  went into gear ok, with clutch clearing. It was driven a very short distance and travelled  and stopped ok, although rear wheels are binding somewhat, probably due to seized wheel cylinders.

Other than the foregoing, I would assume, but obviously cannot guarantee, that everything else is satisfactory. This, therefore is the status of the vehicle to the best of my knowledge.

Given that the vehicle has been idle for 10 years, I do not know if the foregoing list of ?faults? is about the level expected, better than that expected, or worse. Likewise I do not know if the restoration of the vehicle is viable.

With regard to the price I am asking for the vehicle, to be honest I do not have a clue to her value, or whether or not it would be worth anything higher than scrap. The best offer I receive would obviously be considered, but to be honest my preference would always be for her to go to someone who will get her up and running, preferably fully restored. This is my main priority, and will always take precedence over any other offers.

As I mentioned in my ?new member? posting, I am advertising the vehicle on the 131 forum website only, as I believe that this is the best way to find someone who will appreciate her. I have not advertised it anywhere else, and will not do so unless I draw a blank here.

I have tried to attach some photos, not too sure if I have been successful with this ? but I can always e-mail these on request.

I live in the Romford, Essex area, and I can be contacted on: 07760 119908 (Evenings and weekends).

Please note that the purchaser will be required to collect the vehicle.

If you are interested, I will be delighted to hear from you.   

David K.

mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 06:52:20 PM »

Too far away from me but hopefully someone will save her. Photos don't seem to have appeared, if you have them on a site such as photobucket you can link them to here.

Good luck with the sale Smiley

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
finnie

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 07:56:17 PM »

I`m more than happy to go and look at it if you are to far away  Wink
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 08:29:53 PM »

Thanks, but it's not just going to look. If I bought it, it's the best part of an 800 mile round trip which at todays prices would probably cost as much as the car!

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
kevin

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 04:14:57 PM »

hi david
can you email a few photos of fiat
would have a interest in putting her back on road
i had one myself in late 80s great car
and roughly how much you would be looking for it
thanks kevin
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 10:35:34 PM »

Looks better than mine

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
finnie

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 10:54:52 PM »

Im going to look at it next weekend - as it close  Wink
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2011, 09:13:05 AM »

My brother had one identical to that back 20 years ago - PBL 712 X - it was a great car- in better condition than my blue XPE 613 Y at the time. Undecided Initially registered at the Fiat Dealer Jack Hill in Reading.

Memories - sweet memories......... Cry

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
finnie

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2011, 04:47:12 PM »

Hi everyone
Went to see the fiat this afternoon (2000 TC with power steering) and it`s definately to good to scrap and it`s also in a better condition than mine was a year ago  Smiley Yes it will need work but not a lot to get the MOT .I reckon this is worth a little less than what  I bought my one for , so do your research !  Grin

mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2011, 05:16:18 PM »

I thought yours was rust free Fin Undecided

simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2011, 06:47:20 PM »

Looks like a few of us viewed this car today then as Theo and I saw it at 10am and Jason H saw it around Noon. Grin

Yes, looks like it's definitely savable but will need a few quid thrown at it to make it properly usable. Wink

I'm certain that between us this car will make it back to the road. Wink Cool

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
finnie

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2011, 11:03:21 PM »

I thought yours was rust free Fin Undecided

it is now  Wink
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.