Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 12:17:53 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  3MA News and other events (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  wheels day
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: wheels day  (Read 5280 times)
Andy c

« on: January 06, 2009, 08:24:29 PM »

wheels day, Rushmoor arena Aldershot Friday 10th April
looks like a good event over 2ooo cars
i hope to be going

Andy Cobb
Polegate East Sussex
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 02:30:31 PM »

Even though I see this event advertised every year I always seem to miss it - even though it's only two miles from my front door Roll Eyes

I think the date is Good Friday and I'm sorry to say that I shall be in the Czech Republic for a wedding so won't be available I'm sorry to say.

Hope to see people before Easter though Cool Grin Wink

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
wak131

OOo ///// oOO

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 06:45:34 PM »

Simon, if you would need something here in Czech rep. during the wedding time, just let me know Wink

131 enthusiast from Prague. ?78 Super 1600, ?82 CL 1600, ex ?82 Super 2000
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 07:12:25 PM »

Thanks very much Ales Wink

My work colleague has decided to get married in a Czech castle, as she owns a second house in your home land. My family and I (all five of us!) have been invited to attend. Cool

I am totally new to all things Czech and don't know a word of the language I'm ashamed to say, so any help during will be very much appreciated.

I understand that the castle is some two hours away from Prague, towards the German border. I was planning on flying out originally, but the costs of the airfare plus the additional costs of a hire car mean that it is cheaper for the five of us to drive from England in one car - provided my children don't drive me crazy on the journey! So I will probably be coming out in one of my modern cars. Undecided

I will be looking for a place for us all to stay as the hotel near the castle looks like it might be too expensive for us to stay there. I will post up place names when I have them confirmed by my friend and perhaps you could tell me places where I should try and stay, as well those places that I should stay away from! Wink

Thanks very much,

Simon

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 10:29:46 PM »

I've been to Pargue ..in 2003. Fantastic city for tourists but the infrastructure leaves many a western city in shame. One daily ticket allows unlimited travel on buses, underground and trams - All clean regular and efficent.

Everything else good value as long as you avoid the obvious tourist traps!

Enjoy the trip Si - How many miles is it..? Wouldn't mind doing that myself.  Wink

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 11:29:45 PM »

How many miles is it..?

According to Autoroute it's 790 miles which is about the same as driving to Turin for Simon. I think he's only doing this as a practice run for 3ma09? Grin

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2009, 11:30:44 AM »

I believe where we are going is about 850 miles door-to-door - as we're not actually staying in Prague. Not sure whether I'm going to enjoy the drive or not to be honest Undecided Having three kids bickering in the back seat will certainly take the edge of the whole thing!

I'd love to be doing it in the Abarth, but the fact that all 5 of us are going, with our luggage, etc., it makes more sense to take one of my more modern cars.

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

wak131

OOo ///// oOO

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 02:42:57 PM »

You?re welcome Simon, members of the 131 family should help each other.
Sounds like a wedding in big stylee:) But it?s not unusual to get married in a castle here.

Czech is similar to Polish and a we can also understand a bit with Russians, heavy pronunciation in comparsion with English.

It could be more castles that are about 2hrs from Prague, so when you know the name of the place I can find out something usefull about the area and hotels around.

Surely I would also drive an estate bimmer on such a journey with a whole family, if a had a bimmer and a family..

The castles are cold places and usualy also windy hills, so don?t forget to take your anorak and winter wedding dresses Grin

Sorry to spam this topic, it could be probably moved to general disscusion.

131 enthusiast from Prague. ?78 Super 1600, ?82 CL 1600, ex ?82 Super 2000
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.