Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:48:15 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  3MA News and other events (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  These things come in threes....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: These things come in threes....  (Read 4093 times)
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« on: May 02, 2011, 10:03:14 AM »

Having a terrible day....

Took my Abarth out of the garage today to clean the windows and give it a final check before the off on Weds only to have one of the garage doors blow off it's stay in the strong winds and whack into the off side rear wing of the car leaving two small dents and some white gloss Roll Eyes

Then I noticed that at some time during that last few days the other garage door has swung and smashed the coach light on the front of the house and a pain of glass in the door. Roll Eyes

I then decided to polish the front nearside door and wing of my 525d Sport in an attempt to get the polish marks off it that have been there since I purchased the car only to find that a bodged repair has been carried out and that the paint bearly covers the primer beneath. Shocked Roll Eyes Brilliant! Not!! So what to do - leave it alone and always know it's not right, spray the door and not have a paint match or get shot of the car and lose money - every way I lose! Undecided

So, the sun may be shining but I'm feeling totally dejected. As they say - things can only get better! Cry

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
Rob 131

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 10:25:02 AM »

Simon

If the car was purchased at BMW there must be some recourse there regarding the paintwork if there has been a previous repair. Don't they have some kind of Charter with respect to Used Cars. I remember buying an Ex Demo 05 320i from Nick Whale (Formally Damon Hill and now called something else) and the Salesman at handover making a big thing  of the various checks and warranties. Worth a shot  Grin

Rob 131: 2019 BMW 530d M Sport, 2019 Mini Cooper Clubman, 2015 Kawasaki ZX6R 636 Performance Edition & 2012 Alfa Romeo Mito 1.3JTDM

Formally Owned an Orange 1979 131 Mirafiori Sport in 90/91

UK
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 10:56:04 AM »

I did indeed buy through the BMW Approved Used Car scheme but to be honest I've had the car more than year now and it's unlikely that I'll have much recourse through BMW. Cry

I tried to throw back my 530i Sport Aegean Blue Ltd Ed some years ago after a trail of mechancial and electrical woes only to be told that the car was fine and they needed time to fix it - which they had already tried several times before. The AUC scheme seems to protect the dealer more than the customer - but I suppose there's no change there. Roll Eyes

In fact just before the 1 year AUC warranty was up I asked the dealer to check a few issues with car which could have been fixed under warranty only for them to find nothing and then had them try to charge me for looking for the fault! Shocked
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 05:00:09 PM by simon131 » Logged

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
Phil

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 07:05:07 PM »

Hells bells Simon, I thought I had had a bad day with two fence panels and one post blowing down in the wind Cheesy Cheesy you have definateley gone one better Huh Huh

Present cars 131 2.0 Ltr sports twin cam, in Gun Metal, in bits and a blue 2.0 Ltr supermirafiori.
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 09:01:29 PM »

Thanks Phil.......I think Roll Eyes Grin

Also to add to today's woes - my right knee, which has hither to never given me any problem, is this evening hot and causing me great pain - and for no apparent reason either.  Undecided It's so bad that I've even discussed with Wendy about her driving the Abarth to Devon Shocked Not good.

It's not that I don't get my share of luck - it's just that it rarely seems to be good. Roll Eyes

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 09:42:48 PM »

Maybe I should pack an extra tube of anti-inflammatory cream  Huh

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.