Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:04:44 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  For Sale and Wanted (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  RHD UK 131 mirafiori sport Orange - Thinking of selling
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: RHD UK 131 mirafiori sport Orange - Thinking of selling  (Read 9562 times)
chris131

« on: December 24, 2011, 10:52:17 AM »

Hi all, I am considering selling my fiat 131 mirafiori sport. The car is 1978 ? and is believed to be the oldest remaining 131 sport in the UK and Ireland. Also an interesting point is that the number plate is only 1 digit off the original fiat press car.

The car is orange with black exterior trim and is in excellent condition. The car has only covered 79,000 genuine miles and drives beautifully. The car was used fairly regularly from 1978 up to around 1995, at which time it was put into storage and then fully restored in 2004. Since 2004 the car has been kept garaged and only used in the summer as a ?Show Car? at classic and vintage shows.

This particular car has also been the feature of several magazines, including the front cover of Irish vintage scene. Full details below:

?Irish vintage scene summer 2010 ? picture of the car at a vintage show ? photographer?s comment was: ?Amongst the cars my favourite was this beautiful fiat 131 mirafiori sport?
?Irish vintage scene March 2011 ? Full 5 page spread on the fiat 131 covering all models. This includes individual write ups on all the cars featured ? and my car made the front cover.
?Pacenotes magazine May 2011 ? Full 4 page spread on the car including pictures.
?Auto-trader NI ? July 2011 ? 2 page cover on the car including picture.

I have owned the car for nearly 5 years and have enjoyed every minute of it. The car drives superbly and will definitely be sure to put a smile on your face. The car gets comments everywhere it goes, the striking orange paint work combined with the revolution alloys, 9? cibie spot lamps and the ?snort? of the twin cam engine through a stainless steal exhaust make this car simply un-miss-able and unforgettable.

The interior of the car is also in excellent condition. The black velour seats are very comfortable and have not faded as so many do. Also the head cloth has been re-stuck and doesn?t sag ? again a common problem on most 131?s. The dash and centre console are both perfect and everything works as it should. I have also fitted a Brand new (original box still in the boot) original 131 sport Voxson radio.

The car is currently MOT?d till the end of April 2012 ? but I can supply it with a full 12months MOT if the buyer wishes.

Spares package also available with the car ? I have lots of spares both new and used which are available on negotiation. Also if the revolution alloys are not to you taste ? I do still have the original 14? 131 sport wheels with tyres. Also the spot lamps aren?t wired up and are only for show purposes ? again if these are not to your taste they can be easily removed.

Lastly I must point out that I don?t need to sell this car, so I?m not going to give it away. But I have been offered the chance to buy another car which I am interested in, and with me owning 4 other classic cars unfortunately I don?t have garage space to keep them all.

The car is in County Armagh, Northern Ireland. I?m 30minutes from both Belfast airports and ferries, and will gladly assist in helping out if anyone from the UK wishes to come and view.

All of you know how rarely 131 sports come up for sale, and to get one in RHD thats restored and ready to go, and in orange (best colour in my opinion) is even more rare. So don't miss your opportunity before it either sells or before I change my mind.

Link to pictures:

http://www.131mirafiori.com/smf/index.php?topic=1613.0

Email: chrissy962@hotmail.co.uk
Phone Chris: 07763374488

Price ?10,000 ONO
Your welcome to make me an offer - after all I can only say Yes or No.
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 01:10:14 PM »

Good luck selling Chris....Is this the last 131 in your stable...?

Good opportunity for Rob131 I think.  Smiley

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Rob 131

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 01:15:36 PM »

Kev - Great Minds Think ....... Grin

I only took a quick break from assembling my daughters Barbie House (started early as don't want to repeat previous years mistakes of assembling bikes / go-carts etc in the early hours after having a few  Grin Huh Undecided).

I just hope I can get back and concentrate on the task in hand  Wink

Rob 131: 2019 BMW 530d M Sport, 2019 Mini Cooper Clubman, 2015 Kawasaki ZX6R 636 Performance Edition & 2012 Alfa Romeo Mito 1.3JTDM

Formally Owned an Orange 1979 131 Mirafiori Sport in 90/91

UK
parrish

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 02:25:24 PM »

Is that your starting price Grin
Wrong time of year really, but good luck.
Was a god looking volumex at 'middle barton garage' a few months ago for about the same price, to be honest i wish i had the money as your car looks good.
Steve

http://www.middlebartongarage.com/car_sales/Fiat_Abarth-131_Volumetrico_/1750.htm

Steve Parrish owner of:  1977 131 4 door.
chris131

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 02:50:54 PM »

Is that your starting price Grin
Wrong time of year really, but good luck.
Was a god looking volumex at 'middle barton garage' a few months ago for about the same price, to be honest i wish i had the money as your car looks good.
Steve

http://www.middlebartongarage.com/car_sales/Fiat_Abarth-131_Volumetrico_/1750.htm

If MBG are looking the same price for a 4 door then I maybe should have had my starting price at ?15,000 Grin

Alternatively - I have also went down the road of buying a cheap 131 sport and restoring it too a similar standard, and my restoration costs were ?10,700 before I had the car MOT'd. And that's counting nothing for my time and heartache. This car is ready to get into and drive and enjoy immediately. I'm sure you know this aswell steve - I would estimate that your car cost around the ?10,000 mark to restore aswell. Anyone that says it costs less is either doing all of the work themselves, or only restoring it half.

I agree xmas eve isn't the best time to advertise a car for sale - but for something as rare as this then I think it makes little difference. The last 131 sport I bought was in the first week of january. And if I get to keep it another few months then I won't be dissapointed  Wink

Rob131 - you may not get another opportunity like this. 131 sports rarely come up for sale. Any 131 sports that are left are either too far gone to be restored, or restored and cherised by their owners who love them to bits and hope that they will never have to sell.

All I can say is how many 131 sports have you seen for sale lately?
parrish

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2011, 03:28:14 PM »

I was trying to say just how undervalued i think your car is.
Your right about the rarity, but FIATS in general tend to have a limited following in the classic car world.
I think your car is worth every penny of the 10k your asking, assuming all those nasty hidded rust areas have been dealt with.
A few more photos would help im sure, however im alo sure that anyone spending that kind of money on a classic car would sureky viewit first.
Good luck with the sale, if my numbers come up this weekend ill be on the phone!
Steve

Steve Parrish owner of:  1977 131 4 door.
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2011, 06:49:07 PM »

Good luck with the sale Chris. I hope it finds a good home. Cool

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
Rob 131

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2011, 05:25:15 PM »

Chris

RHD, A 1978 Car (One of the First) and most importantly Orange with Black Velour, this has a lot going for it. I will send you a PM Tomorrow.

Rob 131: 2019 BMW 530d M Sport, 2019 Mini Cooper Clubman, 2015 Kawasaki ZX6R 636 Performance Edition & 2012 Alfa Romeo Mito 1.3JTDM

UK
chris131

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2011, 08:02:01 PM »

Provisionally sold
Heini131

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2011, 09:33:56 PM »

That was quick  Shocked

Congratulation Smiley

Fiat 131 S 1.6 green, Fiat 131 Walter Röhrl orange,Fiat 131 mirafioriSport orange
Rob 131

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2011, 06:19:25 AM »

It was not to me  Cry Undecided There are others.  Grin Cheesy Smiley

UK
106usj

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2012, 10:10:54 AM »

Hello Chris.
Sounds like you have had a quick sale, congratulations   Wink hope she is going to a good home !
106usj

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2012, 10:27:59 PM »

Hello Chris, has it sold or not ??
Is it a UK or Eire sale ??
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.