Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 25, 2024, 10:59:41 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  For Sale and Wanted (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  131 Sport Shell Wanted For Restoration.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 131 Sport Shell Wanted For Restoration.  (Read 6898 times)
rp711

« on: January 26, 2008, 10:03:32 PM »

ello all,

just come across this site & joined, it's brilliant seeing all those lovely tc's again!

they're looking great, ahh man! brings back enough memories, even smells - love that classic italian car smell.

the reason i'm here is that i'm looking for a 131 sport chassis, willing to travel and all that......i'm after one (or two if poss) don't know if any of you guys would know of any for sale or selling?

i'm currently own two of my surviving four tc's and recently been told that they're had it too! i have loads of parts from all the cars which the two previously mentioned would still drive if the law would allow it. we actually started both cars after 11 years, it was great to see after parking them those years ago.

anyway soz for blabbing on but i'm well excited to see yours tc's...keep it up lads, may see you lots at some meets!

all the best peeps & thanks loads!

rp7

p.s. my e-mail; rak131@hotmail.com if it helps.
 cheers
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 10:03:13 PM by rp711 » Logged
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 10:24:05 PM »

Where abouts are you based? We like to see photos of old and neglected 131's here as well as the minters! Why not post up some pics of your 2 tc 131s?

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
rp711

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 10:58:24 PM »

thanks for the reply!

i think i may have met Theo & Simon and they may have also seen my tc's.

hope i've attached the images ok.....

* tc - 131a.jpg (79.79 KB, 635x476 - viewed 576 times.)

* tc - 131b.jpg (89.5 KB, 635x476 - viewed 530 times.)
rp711

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 11:18:20 PM »

from london currently living in brighton...
... just up dated my profile
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 09:38:43 AM »

Welcome rp711 and many thanks for sharing your photos - It's always great to come across another unknown Sport and you've shown us two!

Can you tell us more about the history of the cars?

Both appear reasonably complete and if too far gone to restore they might keep another car on the road longer.

Not sure about your request for a chassis - I've never seen one for sale Huh

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
blackgoff

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 11:57:35 AM »

good to know there's another 131 lover in brighton  Smiley
rp711

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 12:42:55 PM »

Hi guys,

i after a chassis meaning that i want to try build a least one car out of all the parts i have. basically looking for a tc take can be restored (like the orange one on ebay recently)as mine would be too expensive.

i've seen a black tc down it brighton a few years ago near 7 dials & upper lewes raod.....was that you blackgoff - e-mail man!

i've had these cars since i was 17, first was an 79' orange then aquired another three over time. the black one in th pic is the last one, my bambino!!

my dad was an engineer/mechanic for fiat and other italian cars, learnt load from him and owe him loads.

will post more later, have a good day guys

jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2008, 05:12:02 PM »

hi there
looks like they stored down at marks (i.r.s.)down in basildon
you better of get a 2 door 1300 from turkey and swoping all the bits over

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
rp711

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2008, 08:08:43 PM »

Yeah they are are there.....but to be honest i seriously don't want one to convert into a sport,  Thanks for your advice though!! Probably worst case.

I'll just keep looking....If any nows any thing please let me know..dying to drive the tc again!

bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2008, 09:17:37 PM »

I think I should definately try to find a good 1300 or 1600 shell(even that is not easy anymore) as all holes are exactly the same and this cars mostly had an easier life. Racings are actually  extremely scarce, especially when you want a restorable RHD.
Believe me as I am in for them for almost 20 years and own a few cars. Good luck, great there came a few more cars to light!

bellamacchina  Albert

Dronten  Flevoland the Netherlands
rp711

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2008, 09:45:45 PM »

Thank mate!

Would consider LHD....wrong! I would prefer a LHD gonna be looking at a couple in Italy soon, there quite a few i've come across.

I'll keep seareching.....i'll find one soon.

Thanks for your help guys!

p.s. I've come across a guy in Poland who make fibre glass panels for rally out there he does door skins and gr4 kits etc....if anyones interested i'll pass you his details.
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2008, 09:51:34 PM »

I think that will be Walzy he is a member here. If you want anything you should get a discount!

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
rp711

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2008, 10:00:51 PM »

Yes thats him, from Katowise. Cool!!

I'll be purchasing once i obtain the shell.
He, a while back, also gave me a good quote for taking my cars to Poland for to restore...but that aint gonna happen...too far gone!

He had a web site which don't exist anymore, unfortunate as that do some great work and have a great setup.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 10:03:51 PM by rp711 » Logged
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2008, 05:44:46 PM »

looks like they stored down at marks (i.r.s.)down in basildon

Yeah they are are there.....

Oh! When were those photos taken? It looks decidedly empty in the field and your white car looks as if it's where my silver (spares) car was. Has my car been got rid of and I don't know about it? I was planning to go and take the dashboard out of it ...

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.