Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:42:00 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  What a waste!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What a waste!  (Read 5075 times)
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« on: April 11, 2010, 08:32:32 PM »

In the photo below are some of the 400,000 cars destined to be crushed under the UK government's scrapage scheme. To be eligible for the scheme cars must have a current MOT so most if not all of the cars are roadworthy. Some nice looking cars there including a (20V ?) Fiat Coupe. WHAT A WASTE!

* scrapcars.jpg (449.72 KB, 800x515 - viewed 443 times.)

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 08:35:39 PM »

Well that's the people who run countries for you.

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
106usj

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 08:52:53 PM »

Thats a perfect picture of a UK goverment scam. I cant see what one would call an old wreck in that bunch.
 Where is the rust, bumpers falling off, etc.
For those eco freindly people out there what leaves a bigger carbon foot print ?? keeping your good condition 10 yr old car and running it.
Or,
The carbon footprint of crushing and disposing of 400,000 cars and replacing them with another 400,000 new cars ?
eugene

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 09:09:14 PM »

I have to agree with all of your comments,however if goverments had brains they would be dangerous. Roll Eyes Shocked Shocked Roll Eyes.Eugene

owner of 5 LADA NIVAS 4X4 a 1979 Opel Kadett Coupe and a 1975 FIAT 131 Mirafiori 1585cc
hammerbeirne

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 06:16:15 PM »

Guarnteed they are a lot more reliable than the overpriced new rubbish that there churning out now
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 06:31:02 PM »

You should be able to swop them , take along you even older wreak with no mot and knackered and
say i 'll have that one  Grin

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 07:54:47 PM »

People are so terribly stupid! Especially from governments!!!
I actually only see pretty nice cars?! Not all the ones I like but yes, the coupe is so sad to see, as the old bimmer above right and the Saab cabrio. I really hate those scrappage idiotery and the nicest of all is that we all pay it!!!
I suggested here to collect all these cars, put some shredders at strategic places in Africa and change them. 1 good 1 for 3 or 5 REAL wrecks. The world is crazy, they produce cars which last quite long so they scrap them earlier this way. This has nothing to do with environment and co2.
IDIOTS Huh Angry

bellamacchina  Albert

Dronten  Flevoland the Netherlands
bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2010, 07:55:35 PM »

Jason you are right, I have some wrecks which I wanna change!!

bellamacchina  Albert

Dronten  Flevoland the Netherlands
20vturbo

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2010, 08:41:32 PM »

there is a website in the uk  where you can buy hundereds of cars just like that,for much less than the scrappage scheme 2k.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.