Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 07:02:18 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  The Garage (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Alloy wheel question
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Alloy wheel question  (Read 5979 times)
Crazypierre

« on: June 05, 2012, 04:43:28 PM »

Hi Guys
I'm thinking of getting some minilite style alloys for my 1979 1300CL OHV.
My current tyres are 165/80 13

I've always liked the minilite style and think they'll go well with this car.

I think I'll stick to the 13 inch diameter with the 80 profile rather than go to 14 with a lower profile tyre. But I was thinking of going wider to maybe 175 or 185?  What do you all think?

I've found many firms that supply them and are asking me what the PCD is for this car. But now I'm hearing about "offset" etc.

Can somebody please advise me what the right numbers/specs to quote the wheel suppliers so I get the right wheels?

Also any advice you can give on whether to go slightly wider/larger diameter would be appreciated.

Cheers
Pete
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 05:06:07 PM »

Personally I prefer 14" with slightly lower profile tyres as I think they look better but that's just my personal preference.

Wheels are 4X98 PCD not sure about offset options someone else will know better than me I'm sure.

As for width 185 is a good size for a 131. A bit more grip and looks a bit wider but not overtyred.

As you don't have power steering I wouldn't advise going too wide as it makes the steering too heavy.

It also depends how you want the car to look. Too wide and you'll look like a boy racer Wink

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
Crazypierre

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 05:13:02 PM »

Thanks Dave,
Not too wide I guess-don't want to look like a boy racer.  So you think 185/14, eh? Not a bad idea.

According to this wheel calculator tool below, to keep the same overall diameter, I'd need 185/65 14 to give me just about the same diameter as the current one.  This is a handy calculator in case anyone want to check.

http://www.nice-wheels.co.uk/wheelsizecalc.html

BTW, bought some rear seat belts and fitted them at the weekend.

Thanks again.
Pete
stathe174

131 S

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 10:25:37 PM »

Hi Pete! Do you have any pictures of how you fit the rear seat belts?

Panagiotis

My 131 Special went HISTORIC
Crazypierre

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 07:00:01 PM »

Hi Panagiotis
I can take pictures if you send me your email address but to be honest it was quite simple.
Take the seat base and seat back off
Find the pre-drilled holes in the floor of the car (they have rubber plugs in them which you take out)
Use the bolts that come with the seat belts to attach the belts.

Note these are not inertia reel belts but static ones- like you used to get in the older cars.

Regards
Peter
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 08:58:56 PM »

I took home a set of rear seat belts (inertia reel type) from a scrapped 131 in Sicily in 2008 hoping to fit them to my white Super.

However the mounting points in the C pillar and rear suspension turret were not pre-drilled. There are also holes to feed the belts through on factory fitted versions that are missing from other models....so I decided not to proceed.  Undecided

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Crazypierre

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 09:20:32 PM »

Interesting- All the holes in my 1979 1300cl were threaded, including on the c-pillars.
But there was no way I could have fitted inertia ones.
Pete
stathe174

131 S

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2012, 11:17:45 PM »

My email is stathe174@hotmail.com...

Thanks again! Panagiotis

My 131 Special went HISTORIC
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.