Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 05:39:58 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  AC System for 131
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AC System for 131  (Read 19796 times)
Henk

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2010, 02:34:11 PM »

Hi Henk, sorry for the delay. I will need to keep the casing and blower assembly. All else I think can be yours as pictured. Let me know if you need more detailed shots or info. The box will be 30-34" sq. and 9-11" deep. I will need to find a series 1 or 1 & 1/2 control/switch unit. Any help will be appreciated. Maybe Guy Moerenhout will have a casing.
Cheers

Hi, I think you also need the OE control as in pic 1. or can you use controls of the heater only version? I can get this no problem...
Basically I have interest in the condenser and in the control unit, I will not need the rest (hoses, compressor as I can make these new, however a compressor bracket would be nice, is still on your engine?)

Cheers, Henk

Henk
Fiat Mirafiori 1.6 A1.00
MB W114 280 C
Honda CB750 1972
BMW E30 318 Touring
runswithscissors

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2010, 12:42:41 AM »

I think I can locate a heater only control but if you have one that would be great. I have a cut-out for the series 1 style control in my metal dash. I do have the compressor bracket and will send it. Do you need the fan mounted or taken off to save weight and size of packaging. If you could locate a casing and blower assembly for a heater only I think we could swap if this one will help you out since it has the A/C in/output on it and it will save weight in my car. I can take a picture of it if necessary. I travel quite a bit so sometimes I cannot respond quickly. I will PM you my work email.
Cheers

Charles Sherrill
Hickory, NC. USA
1978 Series 1 1/2 131,1980 131 Abarth Replica for Rally (in process),1980 124 Spider for Rally (in process),1997 EVO IV Rally Car,2003 EVO VIII,2004 Honda S2000.
131DHOC

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2010, 01:04:20 PM »

Do you have pics of the entire process? It would be a priceless contribution for those who would try this assembly, I'd like to see the heater/cooler unit in pics. Can the 131 A/C play as an heat pump also?
Henk

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2010, 08:07:41 PM »

Do you have pics of the entire process? It would be a priceless contribution for those who would try this assembly, I'd like to see the heater/cooler unit in pics. Can the 131 A/C play as an heat pump also?

Normally on European cars, it requires complete dash removal to install AC, different from Japenese were the evap. was slided in underneath the glove box and everthing else (recirc. and wiringloom) was pre-installed
In General we would quote for 2 days labor for a complete install as most European cars were not prepared for AC

A heat pump would make sense if there is no heater but performance and efficientcy is poor (Only for not too cold countries)
Basically an AC system pumps heat from the interior to the outside by absorbing heat in the underdash evaporator and reject it by condensing it at the condenser (in front of radiator) In the reverse mode (by means of a 3-way valve) the evaporator becomes condenser (Rejecting heat) and the condenser becomes evap.(Absorbing heat) In this mode it is absorbing heat from the outside and "pumps" it into the interior.
It is instant heat (direct available) but you can imagine that there is not much heat to absorb from the outside when it is freezing outside.. basically your are pumping the compressor energy (=heat) inside.

Heat pump mode is not realy used in the automotive industry but is getting a topic now with Hybrid cars and efficient diesel engines were there is less waste "coolant heat"
Toyota uses a "hot Gas" systems (heat pump similar system) on some diesel engines as a "cheap auxillary heater"

If there is interest for a more detailed explaniation (physics etc.) let me know.

Cheers
Henk

Henk
Fiat Mirafiori 1.6 A1.00
MB W114 280 C
Honda CB750 1972
BMW E30 318 Touring
131DHOC

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2010, 08:19:14 PM »

As you can see some North America fiat 131 came with "japanese" system, but I have never seen one like that in person:

(photo from another post on this same forum)

Thank you very much for your explanation Henk, I asked about heater because my old 131 service instructions says something about a button with a dot in the dash that makes the system play as an heater, maybe it only allows warm water passage. I know how it work a heat pump, and I thought a luxury car could need instant heat for passengers in the morning when coolant is cold.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 08:30:42 PM by 131DHOC » Logged
Henk

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2010, 08:31:41 PM »

As you can see some North America fiat 131 came with "japanese" system, but I have never seen one like that in person:

(photo from another post on this same forum)

All right....I forgott to mention the so called "underdash" (Recirc only, stand-alone ac)
this one sure is still in good shape...

Henk
Fiat Mirafiori 1.6 A1.00
MB W114 280 C
Honda CB750 1972
BMW E30 318 Touring
Henk

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2010, 08:40:51 PM »

PS: I think the  dotted button shuts off the AC Compressor and / or opens the heater valve or something like that..
I have to take a look at the wiring diagram to be sure but it would suprise me if they build in a heatpump mode...

Henk
Fiat Mirafiori 1.6 A1.00
MB W114 280 C
Honda CB750 1972
BMW E30 318 Touring
Michohat

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2012, 01:45:47 PM »

i like the last pic  where can we buy that

Fiat 131 SuperMirafiori 1979  1600cc Twin Cam
EGYPT
Michohat

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2012, 02:05:11 PM »

i am from egypt
and  i have fiat 131 1979 1600 tc  i have heater in it and i want to install ac many told me to remove the heater and install ac with outunite like this

but i want to keep me car as original

Fiat 131 SuperMirafiori 1979  1600cc Twin Cam
EGYPT
parrish

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2012, 02:04:47 AM »

SEAT 2000 'Diplomatic' made in Spain, standard fitment! spares still available over the counter Grin

Steve Parrish owner of:  1977 131 4 door.
cyrus

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2013, 10:47:43 PM »

Did someone install an aftermarket underdash or indash evaporator? Is there enough space between firewall and dashboard? The underdash option doesn't look the best option because the passenger get's all the cold air. Indash tubing and 3 or 4 underdash outlets looks better in my opinion.
Tas131

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2013, 07:55:22 AM »

I wrecked an A/C 131 a few years ago, I still have the engine with compressor bracket attached, (no compressor). I've also got the under dash heater/cooler unit and the in dash controls.

Mick.
Tasmania. Australia.
Red/grey series 2 (Daily driver)
Dark blue series 1 (Dismantled)
Light blue series 2 (Crashed then dismantled)
Metallic blue series 2 (Dismantled)
cyrus

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2013, 10:48:48 AM »

Thanks Tas131,

I keep that option in my mind.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.