Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 10:53:30 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  The Garage (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  2.0 tc oil pressure problem
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2.0 tc oil pressure problem  (Read 4429 times)
djape1977

« on: March 03, 2009, 10:49:57 PM »

hi guys. i have a question:
my latest toy, a 2.0tc from 132 is giving me more greef.
oil pressure indicator lamp starts flickering when i rev it over 3.000rpm.
it does not turn on on idle or until i rev it up.
i changed:
several oil pressure sender switches.
oil pump drive gear (one under disributor).
fitted a new oil pump.
new filter and vavoline 15w-40 oil ofcourse

crankshaft seems to be ok, no signs of damage on it.
crankshaft bearings also.

where is it loosing oil pressure and why?
any ideas?

get a bigger hammer!
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 11:56:45 PM »

You've certainly changed all the right things. I'd guess the problem is electrical and not mechanical. Wire a new oil pressure bulb direct to the oil pressure switch with new wires. One side of the bulb should be connected to a 12V supply (go straight to the battery) and the other side of the bulb should be wired to the oil pressure switch.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
djape1977

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 12:01:04 AM »

btw, engine sound is normal, there's plenty of oil in camboxes. when i open oil cap while engine is running it spews small drops of oil all over the place. could be electrical. will try tomorow and will try to get an oil pressure gauge to see what's going on.

get a bigger hammer!
miro-1980

Abarth leads the way !

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 12:12:15 AM »

djape1977

Fiat ground terminals are notorious for loosing connection , especialluy if the car is
kept in dump conditions.

I looks like electrical grounding problem ... Do what Thotos is suggesting. Roll Eyes

We had a similar situation once , but after few miles of runnign a freshly rebuilt engne the light would just light up and stay lit !!!

The problem turned up to be camshafts ( of all things). They were used  Breda camsafts. The camshafts literally shaved off the camshaft boxs so that pieces of aluminum could be seen when the covers were opened. The  camshaft were not stratight enough (Tongue Shocked ). practically destroying camboxes and forcing a complete engine rebuild (again) . This is definitly not ypour problem ( Grin Shocked Roll Eyes. !!

Miro

« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 01:05:37 PM by miro-1980 » Logged

Fiat Abarth 131 Rally Gr4 1976 (replica)
Fiat 124 Abarth Rally Gr4 1973 (replica)
Testament

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 12:13:09 AM »

have you got an oil pressure gauge? rather than just the warning light? if you do what does it say? even hook up a mechanical pressure gauge just to confirm that you do have real oil pressure.
djape1977

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 11:31:33 PM »

i don't have an in dash oil pressure gauge. i obtained a mechanical (barometer, hose and a adapter) oil gauge and connected it. it reads 1.25bar (kg/cm2) at idle and 6 at max rpm.  Shocked
 oil pressure warning light kept flickering even while sender switch was disconected.  Angry
turns out it is an electrical problem after all  Roll Eyes

get a bigger hammer!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.