Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 06:31:16 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  The Garage (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  800 Watt front lights
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 800 Watt front lights  (Read 2757 times)
TOAD

Green Eye Motorsport - Home Of The Toad

« on: December 29, 2011, 06:52:57 PM »

Sport Bulbs  H4  100/90 Watts     Big outer lights
             and H1  100Watts          Smaller inner lights
         + four H1  100Watt            Spots

If you use an aircon 131 alternator, about 90amps should go straight on, just needs a change of belt and pulley swopped over, and a  nice big battery, that should look after them nicely. On Toad when it was a road car I used these plus 100watt bulbs in all lights, 800watts gives you daylight but needs some rewiring.

Don't think of just putting 100watt bulbs in on the standard wiring, it buns out the light switch on the steering column every time after about six to eight months it melts, and the relay in the fuse box needs bypassing. You just need to wire the Normal car lights up through the same switch wiring but as though they were auxiliary lights through there own wing mounted relays, and don't leave the lights on main when the car is stationary, they get to hot after a few minutes.  

Of course it goes without saying you will need to use appropriated size wiring  (I forget what I used)  but I expect I could draw it out again if any one wanted it PM me.  

just in case it helps any one

Regards

Roger...........

P.S   Be careful when you go down on to dip with 100/80 watt bulbs, its like turning the lights completely off, if your doing any sort of speed in the country roads, it can be a surprise the first time.  

Undecided Undecided Other drivers will crash if not dipped in good time Undecided Undecided

* the_car 1.gif (58.96 KB, 402x277 - viewed 564 times.)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 07:00:19 PM by TOAD » Logged

Video of Big Toad Build up.   www.youtube.co.uk/evotoad
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.