Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:59:01 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  For Sale and Wanted (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Fiat Ritmo 125 TC
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fiat Ritmo 125 TC  (Read 11594 times)
kev131
Founding Member

« on: December 04, 2010, 07:16:07 PM »

This car has been for sale for approx 2 years now... at this price ...and seems to be beyond what the market will bear...

It is an absolute beauty though - Would love it in my garage... Smiley

http://www.subito.it/auto/ritmo-125-tc-abarth-bari-19067355.htm

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 07:49:07 PM »

Lovely car and my favourite Strada Grin

A very big price though!

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
djape1977

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 11:46:33 PM »

a question:
if i told you that i had for sale a 1983 ritmo/strada 130tc restored to the standard of my 131 (work in progres but definately rustfree) with collotti limited slip diff installed, freshly rebuilt and tuned engine producing 165bhp at the wheels (dyno sheet to prove), new brakes, coilover shocks, freshly retrimmed interior etc, what do you think a fair price would be?

get a bigger hammer!
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 08:53:39 AM »

I have no idea Djape - Sorry - Especially without pictures. If I have any handle on classic Fiat values it's on original cars rather than modified ones.

I also think that there is more demand for original cars ...which can depress the value of modded ones ..unless you are lucky enough to find someone looking for the specific car that is for sale......

Having said that I think that twin cam Ritmo/Strada values are rising in the same way that 131 Sport/Racing values are but they are some way behind the 131 at the moment... Smiley

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
djape1977

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 09:17:55 AM »

car is same on the outside as it originally was, even standard pirelly alloys are in the boot. inside everything is original too. under the bonnet also. no obvious mods untill you get under the car or if were to take a peek inside gearbox and engine. forged domed pistons, forged conrods, adjustable camgears, alu head gasket, bigger valves, berilium valve seats and valve guides...

with original rims on
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 09:31:07 AM by djape1977 » Logged

get a bigger hammer!
mirafiori76

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 09:20:45 AM »

Pedja,

Does it run on LPG? Such a tuned engine running on gas?

Mike.131 Abarth group 4, 131 Racing Walter Rohrl, 131 1600 CL
djape1977

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2010, 09:36:17 AM »

sure, why not? LPG is actually quite tuning friendly. it's less prone to self-detonation than gasoline so it acts as if it was very high octane gasoline. dyno test was done with car running on LPG. it also runs on petrol just fine so it's in fact bi-fuel car, running 90% of time on LPG and petrol system is there pretty much just for occasions when LPG runs out. with LPG price being 50% of that of gasoline, it saves quite a bit of cash with this thirsty engine

get a bigger hammer!
mirafiori76

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2010, 09:47:44 AM »

I understand. But LPG means higher temperatures in the engine. Especially when running higher revs. Chance of burning holes in pistons and braking valves. Also the valves will stretch quicker then normal. Petrol cools the valves, LPG doesn't.
Finally, you will lose some bhp's because of lesser density.

Tas131

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2010, 09:59:07 AM »

I understand. But LPG means higher temperatures in the engine. Especially when running higher revs. Chance of burning holes in pistons and braking valves. Also the valves will stretch quicker then normal. Petrol cools the valves, LPG doesn't.
Finally, you will lose some bhp's because of lesser density.

Garbage. I've been running LPG in my car for 4 years with none of these issues.

Mick.
Tasmania. Australia.
Red/grey series 2 (Daily driver)
Dark blue series 1 (Dismantled)
Light blue series 2 (Crashed then dismantled)
Metallic blue series 2 (Dismantled)
mirafiori76

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2010, 10:40:31 AM »

Garbage Huh Moderator???

Can i ask you a question, Tas131? Are you a certified mechanic?

djape1977

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2010, 03:04:53 PM »

my question still remains: what do you think this car is worth? now you have more info than you usually get in ads on the net.

@mirafiori76 - to speak in defense of Tas131:
i'm sure that he didn't mean to offend you.
i heard a lot of nonsense about LPG and have been asked many simmilar questions, and heard many "boogyman" stories over the years, especially from people in western europe and north america. i call such stories trash-talk and personally believe that they're result of propaganda war being waged by goverments and oil companies against alternative fuels. in my country, goverment takes the percentage of price of any fuel sold, around 60%. cheaper the fuel, less they get to fund their overpaid asses, luxurious cars and representation expenses...
i don't need to explain motivation of oil companies.

get a bigger hammer!
djape1977

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2010, 03:31:15 PM »

after running LPG in my cars for years and with about half of all cars running on LPG in my corner of this blue world of ours, i had nor have i heard of such problems. valve seats do not get worn too quickly, pistons don't get holes in them, LPG enters the engine at temperature just above freezing so it cools the engine more than petrol...
a good friend of mine has lancia kappa 16v turbo tuned to 245bhp with bigger turbo and chip tuning, running on LPG for 3 years now nad he experienced no problems so far. that's about as far as tuning fiat twincam goes and it works fine...

by the way, LPG is one of green fuels since emmisions are limited to CO2 and water vapor. no other nasty stuff in exaust gases. this spring my lada, on it's annual MOT, running on LPG had euro3 emmision of CO2
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 03:34:14 PM by djape1977 » Logged

get a bigger hammer!
mirafiori76

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2010, 05:28:02 PM »

Pedja,

I had a 131 2000 TC Super with all of the mentioned problems. Now i have a Mercedes 2.8 with the same problems. That's why i asked. Could be i am just unfortunate.
Anyway, the strada/Ritmo looks great. I think 7 or 8000 euro's is a fair price for this one. But not here in Holland. There are just too many of them.
 Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

djape1977

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2010, 06:20:43 PM »

there must have been something wrong with the instalation or setup of LPG.
i have reved the nuts off fiat TC in my lada for years and haven't experienced problems of that kind. tried pretty much everything i wanted on that car and engine, it was a kind of a "mule" car for my experiments. K&N filter and LPG, high compression (14bar measured cold, no idea what compression ratio) pistons, high temp thermostat, low temp thermostat, mild cams, long duration cams, high lift cams, running lean, running rich mixture...
extremely easy to tune, just turn the knob to increase or decrease fuel flow.
there usually is about 5-10% power loss but with this 130tc carbs have never been jetted for increased power of the engine so it now has much more power on LPG than on petrol.

by the way, i'm not certified car mechanic either, i'm a locksmith. unfortunately i have found that people who really know their way around engines are usually not mechanics. i could tell you horror stories about inept mechanics for days...

get a bigger hammer!
jack1

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2010, 09:46:19 PM »

This car has been for sale for approx 2 years now... at this price ...and seems to be beyond what the market will bear...

It is an absolute beauty though - Would love it in my garage... Smiley

http://www.subito.it/auto/ritmo-125-tc-abarth-bari-19067355.htm
i agree but have to say my favourite ritmo model of all time Wink

1996  850r (sleeper)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.