Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:20:44 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Hurtful 3MA comments...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hurtful 3MA comments...  (Read 5993 times)
kev131
Founding Member

« on: January 08, 2012, 02:43:33 PM »

A lot of tyre kicking and looking over of other men's equipment (ie Fiat 131s) goes on at 3MAs... most of it very discreetly and out of the corners of eyes.

Last year my car underwent some detailed scrutiny and the comment that my plastic covered grill badge wasn't the correct enamel version... was heard....!!! Shocked

Well I hid my shock and surprise at this gauche remark very well but resolved to address this failure before the next 3MA. Having been looking at Ebay regularly I found an Italian supplier who could provide the required badge at a reasonable price (I think about ?15 incl postage). I had seen other examples but at exorbitant prices (I wasn't THAT upset).  Wink

Anyhow, the situation is now rectified and I can hold my head up high at 3MA12 without fear of rebuke about the authenticity of my badges!!  Grin

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 03:28:57 PM »

Oh i think it looks a bit too shiney and new ,a bit flash . Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 08:06:58 PM by jasonh131 » Logged

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 04:16:21 PM »

Sorry Kevin, I really didn't mean to hurt you  Kiss (or did someone else comment on the plastic badge  Wink)
New badge looks great and at ?15 including postage an absolute steal  Cheesy

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Robert

Hasta la victoria siempre!

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 04:36:00 PM »

is the supplier's name "lautodepoca"? if so, I bought the same item there, cost me 12.50, including shipment, in june 2010  Cool

Current motors: Fiat 131 Sport 2000TC "WR Replica" 1978, Fiat Dino 2400 BC 1972, Alfa Romeo GTV 2000 1974, Mercedes-Benz 560SEL 1987, Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 24V 1999, Volvo V70 T5 2000 ("VascoExpress")
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 09:39:57 PM »

Yes that's the guy Robert.

Here's a link if anyone else is interested. Price seems to vary for the same item. Quality and detail are perfect.  Smiley

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STEMMA-FREGIO-LOGO-FIAT-BADGE-OLD-EMBLEM-AUTO-DEPOCA-/400207098717?pt=Ricambi_automobili&hash=item5d2e33b35d

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
Andy c

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 09:35:57 PM »

Call that a hurtful comment Kev, you should be around Andy's car when all the comments get thrown, make sure Kev its a genuine badge and not a replica heaven forbid.

Anita x

Andy Cobb
Polegate East Sussex
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 09:40:51 PM »

It was very tongue in cheek...as I'm sure everyone knows Anita.  Grin

Sorry to hear about your experiences - Hope it hasn't put you/Andy off attending events...especially 3MAs.....

Do keep in touch on the forum - We have very little female input...for some reason...!  Sad

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
Andy c

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 09:50:40 PM »

Can't speak for Andy Kev,but just so you know, its for that very reason of nasty comments that I won't be going to 3MA 12, get fed up with reading negatives about replicas, I would have thought that any enthusiast would have been welcome, but have to say it the comments over the last few months has made me think otherwise, though I have to say not all members have been cutting, and don't right horrible, Andy takes it all with a pinch of salt but it just winds me up, especially as we have never pretended the car is anything but a replica.

Anita x
Guess you won't be wanting womens comments after all xx

Andy Cobb
Polegate East Sussex
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 01:01:13 AM »

Sorry to hear that Anita  Cry So that means I won't have anybody to talk to at 3ma12 when they are all talking about cars? Andy is very right to take it all with a pinch of salt; you should let him teach you to be the same. Unkind comments are often due to jealousy so don't let them wind you up. Come to 3ma12 and I'll bring you a bag of salt so you can either have plenty of pinches out of it or hit someone over the head with it  Grin Grin

As for Kevin's new badge, I'm sure it's a replica but better not tell him as we don't want to upset him again.....

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Rob 131

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 06:27:20 AM »

Wow Shocked That's all a bit heavy reading for a Tuesday Morning, so soon after the festivities  Shocked Shocked

Reading this thread it seems like Mirafiori. Com has a 'Touch of the Corporate Work Place' about it  Cry Shocked

Anita if there are people that criticise your Replica then I am sure they by definition to do such a thing have many weaknesses  Grin

My wife made a comment at Christmas regarding 131's when I was looking at Chris's 131 and alternatives  Smiley 'If your going to get a 131 and I can't think why then it must be Orange like the one I saw at the TattenPark Classic Car Show'.

That was me told  Cheesy : She also added that she never thought she would end up with someone who was into 131's  Shocked Shocked

Rob 131: 2019 BMW 530d M Sport, 2019 Mini Cooper Clubman, 2015 Kawasaki ZX6R 636 Performance Edition & 2012 Alfa Romeo Mito 1.3JTDM

Formally Owned an Orange 1979 131 Mirafiori Sport in 90/91

UK
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 08:09:29 AM »

I'm sorry to read your comments Nita and understand how such things can lead to bad feeling but I'm sure (hope) that these comments were not made by anyone of us who are actively involved in the forum. We three forum founders are very much an 'inclusive' bunch and I feel sad if you, or anyone else for that matter, feels excluded because of the spiteful comments of others.

As Theo has already said, usually these comments are made out of jealousy which unfortunately is a sad part of life that we are unable to control. Undecided

I for one will seriously miss you both if you don't come on 3MA12, or if you miss any other 3MA come to that. You both being there makes for a lively, entertaining and fun packed 3MA - which is what 3MA is all about.

For the record - women's comments are always welcome. (Wendy told me to say that Grin Wink). Seriously though - adds a bit of 'balance'.

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.