Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 11:39:05 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  For Sale and Wanted (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Ford Type 9 gearbox with TranX gearkit for Fiat TC for sale
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ford Type 9 gearbox with TranX gearkit for Fiat TC for sale  (Read 3225 times)
Walezy

« on: July 20, 2008, 01:09:56 PM »

Hello,
I have for sale freshly rebuilt Ford Type 9 gearbox.
The gearbox has a TranX gearkit fitted(brand new) with ratios
1 - 2.38:1
2- 1.69:1
3- 1.27:1
4- 1.00:1
5- 0.87:1

The gears are straight cut so this makes a bit of noise.
All bearings, layshaft, synchro rings and oil seals are brand new.
The gearbox is prepared to use with Fiat 2.0 liter TC engine and includes
-smaller diameter flywheel from Lada,
-complete clutch with cerametallic clutch plate,
-new relase bearing.
-hydraulic clutch master cylinder
-brand new one piece driveshaft(custom made and balanced)- fits my Fiat 131 with FSO Polonez rear axle- probably will fit with other Fiat diffs but I am not sure about it as the length might be different- the flange it the same in all TC fiats
- Lada bellhousing that fits to Fiat TC(modified in one place to clear coolant back plate)
-starter motor with reduction gear from Lada Niva(bought about 4 months ago brand new)- it is mounted on the other side than standard TC starter so it is perfect for 16v conversion.

Gearbox is modified for quick removing from the car. All you need to do is to unbolt 4 8mm allen screws from the bellhousing from the back of the gearbox. Removing it takes about 10 minutes and can be easily done in service area on rally.

Castrol TAF X oil was used but I will take it all out of the gearbox for transport.

All setup made about 500km of tests with my Fiat 131 and is now for sale due to change of plans with my car. I have bought a Honda S2000 engine with gearbox and it will be no use for me anymore.

I could deliver the gearbox to UK or any countries on my way from Poland when I go there(have to arrange orders for fibreglass parts that I make so this can take some time but probably in around 2 months)

This is a complete solution for almost any RWD Fiat that has TC engine. This is cheaper and more reliable alternative to dogclutch gearbox.

Here is the movie with the gearbox http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6523700046911070238&q=cecot+standing&ei=MCNtSIfHN4TgjALGlIn2DQ

The price for a complete set of parts is 2100pounds.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.