Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:54:47 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  3MA News and other events (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Getting ready for 3ma08
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Getting ready for 3ma08  (Read 5073 times)
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« on: May 06, 2008, 11:28:40 AM »

Having had my trip to Brooklands on Saturday, I spent most of Sunday and yesterday (Bank Holiday Monday) pampering  the 131 to make sure it's ready for its marathon drive in just 9 days time for the 3ma.  I estimate my total driving for the 3ma to be 1600 miles  Shocked (2600 km  Shocked Shocked).

I fitted the new set of headlamps which I collected on Saturday at Brooklands (thanks Mick, they look great now!)  and I spent some time trying to adjust the twin 45 DCOEs as the idling hasn't been as smooth as it could be (and the fuel economy doesn't seem good either!  Roll Eyes ). I also fitted a new set of spark plugs and it's much better now although not perfect. I think I have a slight air leak on one of the carburettors and even though I have a spare set of inlet gaskets I don't want to remove the carburettor for further investigation this close to the 3ma. But I'll take the spare gaskets with me just in case things get worse.

I also decided to drive to the office in the 131 today to see how it handles London traffic in 23 degree weather and it behaved admirably.  Cheesy In fact it's not often that I arrive at work with a smile on my face!  Grin And if you need proof, here's the 131 in our office's not very welcoming car park.

* 06-05-08_1008cs.jpg (191.32 KB, 800x605 - viewed 466 times.)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 11:32:48 AM by Thotos » Logged

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
mick131

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 11:44:34 AM »

Good to know they are already being used Theo  Grin

Mick Wilson
Birkenshaw, West Yorkshire, UK.
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 09:57:16 AM »

On my way back from Brooklands last Saturday, I slipped the home-made CD of the forthcoming Eurovision Song Contest into my 131's Kenwood CD player and after a couple of songs I was just getting into the spirit of it and singing along  Grin when the CD player stopped and threw out the CD  Undecided And that was the end of the CD player  Cry it refused to play any CD after that  Embarrassed

So last night I decided to change the Radio CD unit in the 131 as the Kenwood unit never sounded too good and the buttons and writing were so small I couldn't read them without reading glasses on and I can't see to drive while wearing reading glasses! (all you young people out there reading this and thinking "what's he on about?" just wait and you will find out in a few years time!).

I have a few spare units most of which are radio cassette units but who listens to cassettes these days! So I decided to fit the Blaupunkt Alicante unit that I had lying around. It looks a bit too "modern" in the 131 and the blue and red lighting are definately not as nice as the plain green lighting I had with the Kenwood. But it works and quite well too (although I haven't tried playing the Eurovision Song Contest CD yet  Grin) plus it has the added bonus of RDS, PTY etc that come with modern units. It doesn't sound as well as I remember it when it was fitted to my daughter's Peugeot 106 and in fact the sound is on par with the Kenwood unit so I suspect the speakers are not that great. I have a few spare speaker sets lying around so might be changing those tonight. But at least I now have a working CD player and therefore my choice of sounds for the 3ma...  Cheesy

* 08-05-08_0027s.jpg (191.26 KB, 800x600 - viewed 409 times.)

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
gerafiori
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 06:08:59 PM »

the bigger issue here is
your a eurovision fan Grin Grin Wink
just kidden my wife makes me look at it aswell
gerry
sid131

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 06:20:25 PM »

love your 131 Theo
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 08:50:17 PM »

love your 131 Theo

Thanks!  Cheesy

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 08:51:14 PM »

my wife makes me look at it aswell

So that's your excuse  Huh I don't make excuses  Grin

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
curt

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2008, 03:11:07 PM »

My wife only EVER looks at it   Grin Grin
what a dissapointment  Grin Grin
and the eurovision of course  Grin Grin

Solihull West Midlands
Still keeps hoping for another sport !
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.