Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 05:44:49 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Fiat stands for "Fix It Again...Steve?"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fiat stands for "Fix It Again...Steve?"  (Read 3320 times)
pintopower

6 Ford Pinto's, 4 Fiats, a barn, and 2 cats.

« on: August 15, 2007, 09:25:59 AM »

Something happened today that I think you all would love to hear. Fiats in the US have never had a good reputation. Poor dealer and parts support, no factory trained mechanics and the idea that people need to maintain their vehicles hit the cars badly here. They had a reputation for being not only rust buckets (In what we call the "Rust Belt" which is from about Michigan to the east coast, Fiats would last 3 years, thats it, if you are lucky) but complete piles of crap. So much so, that if you go to a car show that consists of mostly American cars, either you will be asked to leave (which has happened to me in American cars Americans dont like too) or you will be constantly told "Did you know that FIAT stands for 'Fix it Agian Tony?'" All of the Fiat guys are annoyed with that line just as the Ford Pinto guys are annoyed by the question "Did you know those explode?" In both groups, we have all taken to rude replies as humoring them is not worth or time or being VERY sarcastic. Either way, what happened to me today was one for the books. I was in my 124 spider at a stop light. My friend was behind me in his X 1/9. My friend and I were on out way to the canyons for a nice run in the Southern California dusk. An early 70's Chevy Elcamino (I think it was a 70-72, i never saw the front) pulled up alongside of me. Allow me to describe the car: It was Brown, and Green, and some Red, a hint of Yellow, all tied together with grey primer, rust holes and body work that appeared a 6 year old with dry play-doh had done. The car smelled of unburned fuel because I am sure he installed a Holley 850 CFM double pumper on his old, worn out, low compression chevy 350 CU IN motor in hopes to break that 400 HP range. From what the idle sounded like, either it was in fact a 400 HP drag motor or a 120 hp moter running on 5 of the 8 cylinders. I think it was the latter. On top of all that, the owner decided it best to spend money on a set of 24 inch chrome wheels. Now, on to the driver. He had 3 to 5 teeth (sadly, he wasn't old, he looked about my age 27), an IQ of about 67 and last bathed in what i think was late May. So, he stops next to me, and starts laughing his inbred ass off. I thought he was on the phone or listening to the radio. Then I heard this: "A Fiat!" (I looked over) More laughing "Don't you know what Fiat stands for?" (I role my eyes and prepare to hear what I always hear. I restrain from replying with, "Do you know what a shower is?") More laughing "It stands for 'Fix It Agian, STEVE!" The light turned green and he drove off...still laughing. I just sat there...thinking to myself..."Is that Right? No one is that stupid." I look at the steering wheel. F/I/A/T. Hmmm. Fix starts with an F. It uses and I, Again is an A, but Steve? No, no, no. No one is that stupid. Fix It Again Tony? ok, thats correct. But steve? NO WAY. Can someone be that Stupid? I think so. I may have met the biggest idiot on the planet, today, driving an old rusty Chevy in the City of Azusa, California. Fix It Agian....Steve.

1979 Fiat 131 Brava
1980 Fiat Strada
1978 Fiat 124 Spider
1980 Ford Pinto Wagon I4
1980 Ford Pinto Sedan I4
1979 Ford Pinto Wagon V6
1977 Ford Pinto Wagon V6
1974? Ford Pangra Wagon Turbo 4
1976 Fiat 128 3p
1986 Fiat Ritmo Cabrio
Los Angeles,
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 10:04:51 AM »

Hill Billies hey Roll Eyes

I have never been asked to leave a car show Angry Bloomin' cheek Angry What ever some one owns, if they love it, at worst it's a 'cherished car'.

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
covjek

FIAT 131 SUPERMIRAFIORI 2.5 D

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 07:04:12 PM »

Yee-haw! Cheesy Cheesy As for the car shows are concerned, i would leave but not before i told them to shove it deep.Like Si said,Bloomin` cheek Angry Angry.

Vedran Svircic
Zapresic,Croatia
Tristan

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 12:09:02 AM »

Yessir , looks like some village is missing its Idiot.. Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.