Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 10:04:20 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Group 4 and stradale
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Group 4 and stradale  (Read 5341 times)
131 Lover

Fiat power No mercy !!!

« on: November 29, 2007, 04:56:17 PM »

Hello!
My question maybe silly but i don't know, that's why I ask...
Whats the difference between  a 131 Abarth goup 4 and a Stradale?

131lover...

My name is Alf Andersson and live in Alvesta in the south of Sweden,
These are my Fiats
3X Fiat 131 -83 supermirafiori 2000Tc
1X Fiat 131 -82 supermirafiori 2000Tc
2x 131 2-door 1600cl -81
mick131

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 05:19:56 PM »

Hi Alf,

The Stradale is the street version of the rally car, 200 Stradale's had to be made in order that it could be homologated for rallying in Group 4 ( in what is now the WRC ).

The Group 4 is basically a sort of modified version of the Stradale with fuel injection, roll cage, uprated engine etc.

I think I am right in saying that the bodyshells of the Group 4 cars where taken directly from the 131 production line and heavily modified to competition spec.

Someone tell me I'm not making this up !!.

Mick Wilson
Birkenshaw, West Yorkshire, UK.
bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 10:12:55 PM »

It was not 200 but 400 examples for having it homologated. 200 examples for homologation was in the period of the Lancia 037, Peugeot 205 T16 and Ford RS200.
A Stradale is the"normal"street version of this car offered in 4 colours with the 140hp engine with carburettor. The group 4 is the modified version as used for the World Rally Championship.

bellamacchina  Albert

Dronten  Flevoland the Netherlands
131 Lover

Fiat power No mercy !!!

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 05:23:18 AM »

Thanks for the answers!
 Do they have the same body measurements?
Can you see the difference from the outside?

131 lover

My name is Alf Andersson and live in Alvesta in the south of Sweden,
These are my Fiats
3X Fiat 131 -83 supermirafiori 2000Tc
1X Fiat 131 -82 supermirafiori 2000Tc
2x 131 2-door 1600cl -81
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 06:55:26 AM »

As Albert has said above, to qualify for Group 4 more than 400 cars had to be built which were fundamentally the same vehicle as used for rallying. FIAT actually built 406 131 Stradales, which were sold to the public.

The Stradale was a car that had more creature comforts than the Group 4, but only just Shocked The road cars had seats in the back - albeit only two, and had a headlining and grab handles, etc. Also, the Group 4 had a roll cage and usually a few extra lights on the front Grin

The early rally cars were very much like the Stradale, but over the years the competition cars were progressively modified in order to keep them at the top.

Can you see the difference? Usually, yes, but not always from the outside. Comp cars had a totally different dash/instrument arrangement too.

There are a lot of differences, too many to list here Grin Check out www.abarth-gmr.be and go to the forum, where a full list of mods and spec has been posted up.

Albert, I thought the Abarth Stradale was only available in three colours - red, yellow and blue. What's the fourth?

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 09:04:49 AM »

Simon,

Should be also in green.  I am almost sure I have pictures from the cars in the available colours but couldn't find them till now(too much paperwork). In the Abarth brochure(copy) they only show the red car. Guru Remo is also searching in his info, maybe the microfiche shows it also.

bellamacchina  Albert

bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007, 09:23:23 PM »

Definately also in green. It is on the microfiche from the 131 Rally.

bellamacchina  Albert

Tristan

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007, 11:40:09 PM »

looking at our Stradale and Grp 4 , the arches are slightly different , the Grp4 comes out almost straight from the wing , whereas the Stradale ones angle down at about 45 degrees.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.