Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 04:40:09 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Why does our newest member keep changing?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why does our newest member keep changing?  (Read 3308 times)
mirafioriman

My next project......

« on: November 16, 2008, 12:30:02 PM »

Been keeping an eye on our membership numbers since we hit the big 300. Can anyone explain why the number keeps going up and down. Earlier we were up to about 308, now we are back down again. The name of the most recent member keeps changing too Huh

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 01:28:12 PM »

If you look at the post New forum registrations now moderated  you'll see why new registrations have to be moderated. There are several registrations a day which are obviously from forum spammers. These registrations appear in the Total Members count and in the Last Member list while they are awaiting approval, or as in the case of spammers,? rejection and deletion.

I'd like to take this opportunity to repeat here what I've said before about this:

There are a lot of what appear to be rogue registration attempts lately and of course they are all being rejected. If you are trying to legitimately register on the forum but your registration has not been approved, please email forumregistrations@131mirafiori.com giving details of your registration name, email address and of course interest in 131s and we'll ensure that your registration is approved.? We apologise if any legitimate registration attempts have been rejected.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 05:39:45 PM »

Now I understand. To be honest it never crossed my mind that some of the new members I was seeing could be spammers. I just assumed they were genuine 131 enthusiasts  Embarrassed

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 05:06:43 PM »

Unfortunately forum spamming is extremely widespread. The newly formed FiatClub500 got so much spam on their forum that they had to close it. They restarted later with tighter security but by then nobody wanted to use it and only has a handful of members now.

We too were infiltrated a while back but luckily Kevin was fast enough in removing the offending posts before too much harm was done.

Have a look at http://www.stopforumspam.com/ to get an idea how bad the problem is.? I use that website to filter most new applications for membership.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.