Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 01:28:34 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  For Sale and Wanted (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Orange 131 for sale
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Orange 131 for sale  (Read 7664 times)
parrish

« on: March 27, 2015, 05:15:58 PM »

My 131 is for sale.
WHY? because it is now back in the UK and I have no room for it and my TR8 where I am living.
I have just had her out for the first drive in a few years.
I have a lot of photos showing all the work carried out, the list is extensive and I will respond to PM's with an e mail address to any interested party with more photos.
So no confusion is caused I will respond on a first contact basis.
As for condition, I would say 8 out of 10 for the bodywork and 9 out of 10 for the engine.
The car was sent to Northampton Motorsport for setting up and MOT last week, the MOT is a week old.
But I must digress to the cars non originality, and I am not trying to put anyone off just making sure you are aware of the changes carried out.
The car is my personal interpretation of what I wanted as a road car, she is not a copy of anything, although I did fit a Gravel body kit bought from Guy Morenhout in Belgium.
The car had new doors, front panel, rear panel, sills etc fitted, lower A post scuttle bottoms were repaired (I have photos)
The car had a new series one rear panel and a new front end along with new doors and wings fitted, at the same time all the sills and scuttle panel repairs were carried out.
the front spoiler is not fitted as per an Abarth as I wanted a smoother look, hence the series 3 bonnet, I also had the roof gutter de-seamed and smoothed.
Underneath was welded and under sealed at the same time, a small area of the front cross member requires attention some time in the future although it will be a quick welding fix.
Engine is good, and running on Jenvey throttle bodies and electronic ignition all controlled by an OMEX ECU Just tuned and showing 147 BHP. MAX BHP and Torque are at 6800rpm, on the drive this morning it is apparent that higher than normal revs are better for acceleration but she did run OK at normal revs, and she is noisy as i have no air filter fitted at the moment. Engine was originally from a FIAT Strada Abarth, fully rebuilt with modifications etc as recommended in the GC engine building book, if I was to sell the engine seperat I would be asking 4-5K alone.
Rev counter is not working on the dash as it was disconnected when the OMEX ECU was fitted, I know that the OMEX has an output somewhere and that it could be made to work again.
Sometimes it is best to say what I would do if I was to keep her that will better explain what needs doing.
I would remove the front roll cage, its not fitted to the front floor and would require some footings to be fabricated and welded in, rear cage is well fitted.
I would find some new or better interior door panels.
Front head light panel is from a Diesel giving me the equal size headlights I wanted at the time, perhaps changing back to the original Sport twin head light set up would look better.
The interior roof trim does not look good as it had to be cut to fit the roll cage, requires a upholsterer.
Wheels are 17" rear and 15" fronts for a more Abarth look I would change them for 4  of 15"x 7".
An air filter as the Plenum I currently had fitted cost 10BHP when fitted.
NO stereo is fitted as the slot has been replaced by three working gauges, Oil pressure, Charge indicator and engine temperature.
She will never be concourse in the concourse sense as she is different to any other 131, but all in all 8 out of 10, with the two points lost to the interior and general under body condition as she had a lot of panels welded in ( I have the photos)
If the photos wet your appetite  and you have 10K.
drop me PM.
regards
Steve
Car is only available on this forum, however if it does not sell before April 12 she will go on the dreaded E bay and other car sale sites in July (next time I am home)

« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 07:56:23 AM by parrish » Logged

Steve Parrish owner of:  1977 131 4 door.
jack1

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 08:49:23 PM »

wow,, im off to do the euro millions,, lottery  etc.

glws  Wink

1996  850r (sleeper)
131 Lover

Fiat power No mercy !!!

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 09:44:30 PM »

Steve!
You should mention that the 147BHP is real rear wheel horse power and no wish to have bull HP!!
If I had the money I'd buy it, and I think it's a cheap price for that car even if there are some details to fix, witch 30+ year old car doesn't have that!!

Good luck with the sale Steve!

Cheers
Alf

My name is Alf Andersson and live in Alvesta in the south of Sweden,
These are my Fiats
3X Fiat 131 -83 supermirafiori 2000Tc
1X Fiat 131 -82 supermirafiori 2000Tc
2x 131 2-door 1600cl -81
parrish

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 09:47:03 PM »

Alf, I have an addmition to make!
When I got the paperwork from NMS the 147BHP is actual calculated back to the engine BHP! Not rear wheel BHP!
Steve
Steve!
You should mention that the 147BHP is real rear wheel horse power and no wish to have bull HP!!
If I had the money I'd buy it, and I think it's a cheap price for that car even if there are some details to fix, witch 30+ year old car doesn't have that!!

Good luck with the sale Steve!

Cheers
Alf

POQ 131

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 11:16:27 PM »

I have no doubt that you will live to regret this decision.
Who knows the future ? You may be able to buy better at some time when the need for the Fiat driving experience overwhelms you.
All the best & many good outcomes to you.
O.

O.
parrish

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2015, 06:32:00 AM »

I sill have my white one. Grin

I have no doubt that you will live to regret this decision.
Who knows the future ? You may be able to buy better at some time when the need for the Fiat driving experience overwhelms you.
All the best & many good outcomes to you.
O.

Robert

Hasta la victoria siempre!

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2015, 09:49:21 AM »

If I were an Englishman I'd buy this one on the spot, without any bargaining and cash - but with CD68s on her. Being German, unfortunately, I insist on a 131 having the steering wheel on the correct side, and there would be no chance in my country to have her registered on historic plates. Should I move to England maybe??? (but the English diet, on the other hand, errrr...)

Current motors: Fiat 131 Sport 2000TC "WR Replica" 1978, Fiat Dino 2400 BC 1972, Alfa Romeo GTV 2000 1974, Mercedes-Benz 560SEL 1987, Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 24V 1999, Volvo V70 T5 2000 ("VascoExpress")
parrish

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2015, 04:54:17 PM »

Must go.
Need space.
Steve

nash

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2015, 09:07:48 AM »

hi steve where can I see the car thanks dai 07815128452
parrish

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2015, 09:29:17 AM »

Nash,
I have two in line for the car, I'll know bye Wednesday if the car is sold or not, after which I'll be in touch.
Car is in County Durham, Bishop Auckland.
Regards
Steve

parrish

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2015, 11:50:02 AM »

Sold!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.