Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 05:51:03 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  For Sale and Wanted (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Wanted - front near side indicator/side light unit
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wanted - front near side indicator/side light unit  (Read 14443 times)
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2007, 10:13:02 AM »

I have now purchased a unit from Eurospares

As you said, please keep us posted.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Yagmur

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2007, 02:54:20 PM »

Hi,
I can send many from these nearside lights/indicators.
10Euro.
yagmur
Yagmur

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2007, 02:57:08 PM »

Hi,
I can send many from these nearside lights/indicators.
10Euro.
yagmur
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2007, 08:03:30 AM »

The Eurospares light fitting was delivered by 'Signed for' post yesterday morning - and very well packed too, plenty of bubble wrap! Grin

I have not yet tried to fit it - was building a 12 foot trampoline and safety net when I got in from work - in the rain! Angry but on first inspection the fitting looks extremely cheaply made, especially the bulb-holder 'body' and there are no markings on it that give away it's country of origin/manufacture.

I haven't yet compared it with the 'Italian' unit either to check sizes etc but the one design mod that I fully agree with is the long metal screw that is supplied to hold both the lens on (acheived by a stubby plastic screw on the Italian made units, which screws into a metal thread and becomes brittle after a few years - usually snapping off!) and hold the whole fitting to the bumper. I only hope it's long enough to reach!? Shocked

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2007, 09:07:47 AM »

the long metal screw that is supplied to hold both the lens on .....  and hold the whole fitting to the bumper.

That can't be right otherwise you'll need to remove the whole fitting to replace the bulbs. The fitting is held in the bumper with little nuts which are not captive so you need to get behind the bumper to fit or remove the unit. With certain 131 models the bumper needs to be removed to get behind it and you don't want to do that every time you have to change a bulb.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2007, 09:31:27 AM »

I have done this mod on my car to re-condition a damaged light unit. I used stainless fixings to make them easier to undo in the future. On my 131 at least you can get your hand up the back of the bumper to reach the nut. In my experience if you use quality bulbs, they last for ages so you should not need to change them very often.

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
KRENZER JEAN

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2007, 11:46:27 AM »

just  look for a 127 FIAT .. It's the same part (for me it was so) !! good luck
KRENZER JEAN

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2007, 11:56:08 AM »

give look at "http://www.autostoria.fr/index.php?cPath=785_917"

i got it there ..

regards
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2007, 10:32:15 AM »

Thanks guys for all of your suggestions.

I fitted the Eurospares unit on Saturday morning and can confirm that it is indeed a cheap and nasty replacement for the Italian made unit - but at least I now have a fitting that will pass the MoT!

It took me over an hour to fit the unit and get both lamps to work without some sort of failure. The bulb holders (half metal, half formed out of the body of the fitting) were poorly moulded, and the bulbs were continually pushed out by the over zealous spring!!

Theo, you are quite correct in your assumption that the fitting has to be totally removed to get to the bulbs. This is OK on the CL where the bumper stands proud of the bodywork enough to get your hand behind it to do up the nut, but isn't so good if the bumpers are plastic and have a tighter fit to the bodywork.

I doubt that I'll buy from Eurospares again as the quality of the product is poor. I'd have been extremely disappointed if I'd paid the ?42.50 plus postage plus VAT that they quote on their website.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 10:39:37 AM by simon131 » Logged

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
KRENZER JEAN

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2007, 11:38:39 AM »

i just discovered there was a nut in the link :

the right adress is : http://www.autostoria.fr/

and the pages are available in English ..

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.