Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 01:18:06 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  For Sale and Wanted (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  131 sport bushes
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 131 sport bushes  (Read 4844 times)
haggler

« on: August 07, 2007, 04:37:41 PM »

Hi i am restoring my 131 sport which i have not long got back from the body shop. Looks great now. Does any one know where i can get anti rollbar bushes and track control arm bushes. And also a pinion oil seal for the axle. Leighton.
mick131

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 09:29:37 AM »

Hi and welcome to the site,

Have you tried Superflex ?.....

http://www.superflex.co.uk/SuperFlex_Fiat_128,130,131,132_&_Uno_Prices.pdf

Have not tried them myself but they do seem decently priced.

Mick.

Mick Wilson
Birkenshaw, West Yorkshire, UK.
haggler

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 06:10:53 PM »

Thanks for the advice ill give them a call and see if they have the bushes i need. Not sure where i will get a pinion oil seal from though. Regards Leighton.
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 06:44:41 PM »

For the pinion seal try Malcolm Fancy at Fancy Engineering in Dorset. He trades on Ebay as nejam or something like! You could also try your local Fiat dealer, sometimes it is suprising what little things are available!

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 07:16:31 PM »

I was always under the impression that track control arm bushes were never available as a separate item but the complete control arm had to be purchased; that's what I've always done in the past. Talking of which, I replaced the nearside track control arm three times on my silver Sport over the 10 years or so that I used it as an every day car. I wondered why it should be that the nearside arm would need replacing more often than the offside and the best answer I got was that 'spares' items even in official Fiat bags sold through the dealers were of lower quality than the original parts fitted in the factory. Anybody else had experience of parts not lasting as long as they should?

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 09:23:43 PM »

When I first put me 131 on the road, I took it for it's MOT....and it failed! Angry (this was after a full rebuild) The one item it failed on was a track rod end which was totally knackered....and brand new! I don't think it was a genuine Fiat part, but still you don't expect your car to fail on a new component do you? Roll Eyes

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 09:45:37 PM »

Track rod ends on a 131 are the same as VW Golf as well as a lot of other cars (including Bugatti Veyron!!) so they are readily available and possible to get high quality versions. But there are an awful lot of cheap and nasty versions too! Undecided
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 09:47:29 PM by Thotos » Logged

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.