Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 07:36:15 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  For Sale and Wanted (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  SOLD!!! 1980 Fiat Brava 131 in the northwest USA
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SOLD!!! 1980 Fiat Brava 131 in the northwest USA  (Read 14470 times)
mikesides

« on: July 19, 2011, 02:04:48 AM »

Sorry everyone but the car has been sold.   Cheesy

I am selling my 1980 Fiat Brava 131.
It is the 2 Door Model and has had lots of custom work done by the previous owners.
It is a 2 Liter engine with a 5-Speed Manual Transmission.
I always wanted to strip this car and make it into an Abarth replica but never had the time or money.
For more information please refer to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_131

I have had this car for about 5 years now and have lots of receipts.
In fact, I have all of the receipts going back to the original purchase in 1980 including the original window sticker!
Car runs and drives fine and I have a clear title in hand. It also has a sun roof!
I have had a few repairs done on the car by a professional shop that specializes in Italian cars.
I have the all of the receipts:
*Replaced timing belt
*Replaced driver's side door latch
*Replaced driver's side window regulator
*Replaced steering column shaft
*Replaced water pump
*Replaced radiator cap

Those are just the major things I have had done.
Odometer says 44,700 which is incorrect as it is non-working. (The odometer only has 5 digits) It still runs like a champ.

Things that need to be done:
*Leaks a little bit of oil
*Speedometer and odometer are not working
*Gas gauge does not work below 3/4ths of a tank
*The interior is pretty rough including two small holes on the floor to the side of the passenger seat

Modifications include:
*Bright green and black paint job
*Car has been lowered
*Car is fuel injected instead of having a carburetor
*Aftermarket large wheels and low-pro tires.
*Tucked bumpers

Body is in good shape but is starting to rust a bit in a few areas under the paint.
The car was originally a metallic blue but was painted bright green and black by a previous owner.

This car comes with a truckload of extra parts including all side glass (all glass on the car is good), transmission, driveshaft, rear differential, extra wheels and tires, a hood, and lots of other misc.
I also have two Haynes repair manuals for it as well as a thick folder of receipts.

If you have any additional questions please let me know. I do have more photos of the car available.
I hate to sell it but am moving and need to sell of my Fiat collection. I am also selling a 1976 Fiat 128 (2-Door Sedan).
I am looking for $1400 due to the rarity of the car and the large amount of parts/tires that go with it.

SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY PLEASE. NO TIME WASTERS!

Thank you.

* DSC04258.JPG (155.19 KB, 640x480 - viewed 1970 times.)

* DSC04257.JPG (122.73 KB, 593x326 - viewed 1830 times.)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 03:59:18 PM by mikesides » Logged
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 07:18:18 AM »

That seems a very good price if the body is solid - Only difficuly might be with shipping if someone on this side of the pond wants it.

Adding some info on the state of the panels particularly the doors might help interetsed parties... Smiley

Best of luck with the sale.  Smiley

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
mikesides

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 01:11:26 PM »

Thanks Kev.  I do have loads of additional photos that show the areas where the paint is staring to bubble along a couple of the wheel wells.  The doors are in good shape as well as the door panels.  Seats, dash, and carpet are in sad shape.  There is also rust towards the front of the rocker panels.  Hope that helps.  If anyone wants me to email them more photos please let me know.  I was hoping to find a fairly local buyer but I have sold to a few buyers in the UK before so that's not out of the question.
mikesides

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 11:55:54 PM »

I have dropped the price $100.  I'm sorry to anyone I talked to previously that I told the car was sold (the potential buyer changed his mind).  The car is still available.  Thanks.
runswithscissors

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 12:00:11 AM »

"Bump" for a good guy!!

Charles Sherrill
Hickory, NC. USA
1978 Series 1 1/2 131,1980 131 Abarth Replica for Rally (in process),1980 124 Spider for Rally (in process),1997 EVO IV Rally Car,2003 EVO VIII,2004 Honda S2000.
mikesides

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 12:18:46 AM »

Thanks "runswithscissors"!  If you know anyone who might be interested please get the word out.  Thanks.
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 09:00:55 AM »

A very cheap car, you should find out shipping cost to the UK/Ireland. That might tempt someone over here, you never know!

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
pavlos

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 09:58:52 AM »

Hi from greece.Where is the car located and how far is the nearest port that someone can sent a conteiner to europe?? Can you drive the car there if isnt long enought for you?? Just to see the cost of transportation.  Thanks Pavlos   
mikesides

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2011, 06:47:18 PM »

Yes, the car is going cheap.  I am going to be moving and can't take it with me unfortunately.
$1400 = 975 Euros or 878 Pounds.
The weakened American dollar will work in your favor!
I will look into shipping quotes for the UK and Greece tonight.  I will post the prices as soon as I get more info.
I do know that shipping to the east coast of the US is between $900-$1000.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 11:03:27 PM by mikesides » Logged
sdebez

fiat 131 gr 4.5

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2011, 10:45:49 PM »

if anybody in the uk wants this car, i can sort you out with a shipping agent, and will help you along.

with past transaction of dealing with mike, would be happy to vouch for his advert, as to accuracy of description.

pleasure to do business with.

all the best mike hope you sell it.

sach. 
mikesides

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2011, 11:02:31 PM »

Hi Sach!  How are you?  I hope the Fiat arrived ok.  I never heard back from you about it.  Please send me some photos when you get around to working on it.  I would love to see it.  Are you sure you don't want another one?  haha
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 11:04:02 PM by mikesides » Logged
sdebez

fiat 131 gr 4.5

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2011, 11:16:51 PM »

was going to surprise you when the work was done. ive posted a couple of pictures in project corner its on the end of another thread "the refit" which is my other car.

basically ive just been ordering a few mechanical parts to get it through our road test which it has to have so i can re-registar it to put it on the road.

its already on 15" wheels, california wing mirrors, abarth steering wheel and quickshift, really happy with it, i owe you 87 cents that i have found in it.

will keep you posted

sach.     
mikesides

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2011, 12:24:25 AM »

The few photos you posted on that link look great.  I am very glad that you are happy with the car and are doing it justice.  Is there any chance your shipping company goes to Greece as Pavlos is interested but I don't have any shipping companies I can recommend.
mikesides

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2011, 12:25:44 AM »

I also forgot to mention the previous owner put disc brakes on all 4 wheels (so the emergency brake has been removed).  He also installed a push button start so there is no ignition.
mikesides

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2011, 04:22:40 PM »

Can anyone help fellow member "Pavlos" find a shipping company that will pick the car up from my house and ship it to Greece?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.