Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 04:32:34 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  131 all over the world
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 131 all over the world  (Read 5152 times)
greek mirafiori

« on: May 14, 2007, 03:13:29 PM »

When I registered as a member to 131 forum I didn't know how many people all over the world love this car!!!!
So, a week ago my father and me passed from a city 55 km far from the city we live and we observed a 131 1300 cc Twin Cam which was produced on 1983. The owner of the car was right there and I made a conversation with him.
In fact I asked him if he sells his car. His answer was ....NO...!!!!!
The reason is that he loves this car and he doesn't want to sell it never. After an hour of our conversation he said me that in the city he lives there isn't another 131... As I was thinking, I observed that in the municipality I live there is only one 131, and it's mine!!!!
So I would like to know: in other countries are there any 131?Huh?
How many cars are there?Huh?
Think that in Greece there are almost 10-15 mirafiori.. We may pay attention to not lose these cars from our hands. (greek expression... sorry if you don't understand!!!!)

* DSC00136.JPG (56.19 KB, 640x480 - viewed 563 times.)

P. Katsivas-Fiat 131 Mirafiori CL, 1.6 ,Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 95 hp 'Racing' owner
Kalamata, Hellas.
Yagmur

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 03:35:56 PM »

Hi Greek Mirafiori,
There are millions of 131s in Turkey.Tofas Fiat have produced them from 1977 to 1988.
regards
Yagmur--rainspeed
covjek

FIAT 131 SUPERMIRAFIORI 2.5 D

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 12:19:55 PM »

Very interesting point Greek Mirafiori!It would be interesting to find out how many are alive Smiley and where are they.Then it would be possible to make a registry of some kind including VIN number,color,etc.Tofas did produce millions of 131 over time,but from my point of view i`m interested only in ones made in Italy.

Vedran Svircic
Zapresic,Croatia
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 12:34:02 PM »

It would indeed would be a nice idea to find out how many 131s survive today - especially the Italian built ones, but it's likely to be a very tall order.

Between 1974 and 1985 FIAT in Italy produced some 1.52 million examples of the 131 mirafiori in all guises. It is generally accepted that there were 408 Abarth Stradales produced in 1976, some of which were made into the Group 4 rally car, but all of which were taken from the standard run of production, but as for the rest, the numbers are less clear.

The other problem with the 'Italian built' examples number, is that strictly speaking the Panorama (estate) falls outside of this number as they were built in Spain, by SEAT, in large numbers even though they were badged as FIAT Roll Eyes

Let me know if anyone starts a log of chassis numbers - it will be a very large book!

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 12:50:06 PM »

I think the "Fiat 131 Worldwide Registry" is a very good idea. I'll set up an on-line database so owners of Fiat 131s can enter their car(s) details. But all of that will have to wait until after the 3MA...  Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 01:33:14 PM by Thotos » Logged

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
covjek

FIAT 131 SUPERMIRAFIORI 2.5 D

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 12:55:50 PM »

One more thing,i`m getting somewhat annoyed with the FIAT Auto s.p.a. politics concerning enthusiasts who are trying to salvage not only 131`s but other models made under FIAT badge too Angry.I`m sure the job would be much more easy for us if they could participate in our efforts  by sharing info which they doubtless have (production quotas,color codes,furniture for different markets,factory photos,etc.)I would like to believe that it is not only money and numbers that counts for them,but heck i could be wrong Angry.The same thing with the FIAT dealers,they probably had a shit load of parts and manuals which any of us would be glad to take off their hands even if not for free,but it`s easier to chunk everything in the bin.Anyway,sorry for the topic hijack,i had to get this off my chest Grin!

« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 11:55:38 AM by covjek » Logged

Vedran Svircic
Zapresic,Croatia
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.