Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 10:58:31 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  3MA News and other events (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  3MA - Road Footage
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 3MA - Road Footage  (Read 6851 times)
kev131
Founding Member

« on: May 22, 2007, 06:45:58 PM »

This is the first clip - More will be added? Grin Grin Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyAslvgywUQ

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 08:10:46 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW6c8hyGlQM

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=kev131tc

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=kev131tc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DszBJNKzy8k

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 09:16:35 AM »

I think we need to use some software that obscures every number plate!? Shocked Shocked

That's not my car - honest!! Wink And if it looks like my car - someone else was driving it! Tongue Right!!

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 10:12:37 AM »

If you look closely at the clips that have been selected Si,? there is little or no evidence of law breaking - No actual speeding, no unjustified white line crossing (not much anyway), no wheelies? Grin, no undertaking, etc? - Also jurisdiction, evidence, foreign plates, etc all come into play. This was a mature group of drivers enjoying classic cars - Not boy racers in Toyota Glanzas!!? Wink? All in all, I'm not aware of any misbehaving and everyone was considerate of other road users.

Interesting point on the software - Alan's footage seems to have been through such software but it's not foolproof as can be seen when one orange car reverses into a parking space or where the cars get real close to the camera. Huh

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 11:27:11 AM »

boy racers in Toyota Glanzas!!  Wink 

What are those?

Interesting point on the software - Alan's footage seems to have been through such software but it's not foolproof as can be seen when one orange car reverses into a parking space or where the cars get real close to the camera. Huh

No special software was used for Alan's video clip. The number plates cannot be read from a distance due to the loss in quality and unavoidable pixilation due to the compression required to upload these clips to youtube.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 11:41:10 AM »

Sorry Theo - The car is probably more familiar on Irish roads than the UK. There is a phenomenon in Ireland where sporty Japanese cars are imported here once they get to 5/6/7 years old - Apparently such cars are of low value in the far east because of strict MOT laws.

Invariably they arrive here already fitted with uprated motors and body kits, etc. I understand that some have small engine capacities (but high power) which is a viable proposition for a young driver looking for affordable kicks - The Toyota Glanza is based on the Toyoya Starlet that we know (a bit like the old Lexus IS200 was a Toyota Altezza in Japan - I only know this from playing TOCA on the playstaion!!)? Roll Eyes

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
Alan

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2007, 07:03:59 PM »

Kevin, you are correct about the software, I didn?t use anything special, and it?s just the compression to get the clip to max at 80MB for YouTube.
The DVD I made is perfect, the camera is a Canon XM1 and in the right hands (not mine!) a very serious piece of kit.
With regard to editing, Cyberlink make easy to use editing software and it?s reasonably priced.
Many hours can go into editing footage if you don?t draw the line somewhere?.
Tristan

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2007, 07:54:45 PM »

,  there is little or no evidence of law breaking - No ....., no unjustified white line crossing (not much anyway),

Apart from perhaps the Camera Car...... Roll Eyes , whoever that was , reckless so and so....... Cool Grin
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2007, 06:25:28 AM »

Your pal captured some of the best footage T, inspired idea to film with the hatch open.

We will have think seriously about an appropriate camera car for next year!

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
Tristan

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2007, 08:35:33 PM »

something the same , or similar , perhaps with a Sunroof?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.