Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 05:43:14 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  3MA News and other events (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  30th august
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 30th august  (Read 38688 times)
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2009, 09:29:52 PM »

Gee thanks Theo - This is sounding better by the minute - Would that be your normal time to be heading off to Eastbourne? If not, I'd still like to see about a bus south to minimise the disruption.

OK - sounds like a great plan - Thanks again for the idea and offer! Smiley

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2009, 09:51:17 PM »

No problem picking you up from Stansted Kev.  Time seems about right. Last time we met at Forest Row in East Sussex for a 10:00 am start and that would fit in just right with an 8:05 am arrival at Stansted.

By the way, I was reading just today that Ryanair will be cutting their Stansted flights by 40% because the airport is too expensive for them. See http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8160923.stm. EasyJet flights into Gatwick may be an alternative for you.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2009, 09:56:29 PM »

By the way, I was reading just today that Ryanair will be cutting their Stansted flights by 40% because the airport is too expensive for them. See http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8160923.stm. EasyJet flights into Gatwick may be an alternative for you.

I think that the cuts will apply to their winter schedule and of course the clever Mr O Leary ommitted to mention that the net effect will be that there will be 4 aircraft fewer compared with the winter schedule for last year!! He's a great spin doctor! Thanks for the alternative suggestion and if that is easier for you I'll explore that. Cheers  Wink

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2009, 10:09:33 PM »

Stansted is easier for me to pick you up than Gatwick but I'll have no problem picking you up from Gatwick if that's better for you Kev.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2009, 08:23:35 AM »

Sorry to stick my oar in here guys but ....

As I see it Kev you have a multitude of options for entry to the UK for attending the Eastbourne Event.

Kev if you get yourself to Gatwick on Sunday it will probably open up a few options as regards your collection as I'm sure that if we meet in or near Forest Row as we did before, at least me, Theo and probably Jason will be passing right next to Gatwick as we take the quickest route via the M23. (Graham will probably go x-country to E'bourne). If you return via Gatwick on the Sunday evening you'd not need a stop over at Theo's (unless you wanted one of course Grin) as one of us returning to the M25 could drop you off. In this case an overnight stop would actually cause a problem rather than solve one as you'd have to make a Monday morning journey out to the airport.

If you decide to fly via Stanstead then either Theo or Jason could collect you, and even if you choose to enter via Heathrow then Theo (if he drives anti-clockwise on the M25) or I could collect you.

This way if Theo were to pull out for any reason you'd still be able to attend. Cool

(I think these postings should be moved to the August 30th thread Cheesy)

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2009, 11:03:51 AM »

(I think these postings should be moved to the August 30th thread Cheesy)

Done!   Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 11:09:37 AM by Thotos » Logged

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2009, 05:46:52 PM »

Hi Simon - You are both making me feel very welcome and I'm really looking forward to seeing the UK based 131 club again - At least the South East Chapter anyway! Smiley

Two of the items on my "things to do before I die" list include a day's driving in a Fiat 131 Abarth and a day's driving in a performance modified Fiat 131 Sport. As you know I've ticked off the first thanks to you in Italy and I aim to do the second with Theo on the 30th.  Wink

So thanks for providing me with more options but I think I'll go with the first idea of Stansted and meeting our President early on Sunday morning.  Wink Also Stansted provides more flight connections with Shannon....therfore greater travel time flexibility.

See you all together in a few weeks hopefully and I'm licking my lips at the thoughts on Neet's cooking.  Wink

Cheers

Kev

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
Andy c

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2009, 07:13:08 PM »

It will be good to see you Kev if your able to get here im sure amongst us we can get you to and from the airport and if you need to stay over that will be no problem.

Andy Cobb
Polegate East Sussex
Andy c

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2009, 07:58:27 PM »

Hi Guys and Wendy, so great that you are all planning to come to good ol Eastourne, I will ensure you all have a good supply of food and drink, I know its still an age away, but just to say I will do a full English brunch before you set off on your run, and ensure you get something hearty before you go, Wendy I will organise something for us and the kids and for any other ladies who would like to join.

Neet xxx

Andy Cobb
Polegate East Sussex
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2009, 11:36:49 PM »

I aim to do the second with Theo on the 30th.  Wink

It sounds like a date then Kev  Wink  Cheesy I better get the 131 sorted  Undecided As reported elsewhere on this forum my car decided to do it's now usual 3ma trick of discarding its rear exhaust silencer  Embarrassed

And here's how much help Simon offered when it happened  Grin

"You should know how to fix that by now as your car does that every year!" he said  Grin And he was right of course as I once again simply removed the silencer completely and carried on without one...  Roll Eyes  Grin

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2009, 10:37:20 AM »

I'm not quite sure what you expected me to do to help Theo Huh By this time the silencer was only held on with one bolt and I figured that even you could cope with undoing that Wink Grin

What we don't have photos of tho is the pair of us taking the alternator out of my car about 60 miles short of Calais, only to put it back in again! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2009, 10:48:55 AM »

the pair of us taking the alternator out of my car about 60 miles short of Calais

Talking about that, I think the extra wire we found (two wires on the normally single wire spade connector) was put there for the voltmeter which your car has. Have you fixed your car yet by the way?

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2009, 11:33:34 AM »

To my eternal shame I haven't even had the car out of the garage to clean it since we returned from Italy Theo. Embarrassed I need to get something sorted soon as I have a number of 'appearances' in it in August, starting on the 9th. If I don't get time I'll ask my local mechanic mate to swap out the starter for me (assuming the replacement one I have was actually refurb'd Roll Eyes) and I'll look at the alternator as soon as.

At this rate though I can see me/us coming to Eastbourne in the 530i  Roll Eyes

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

sid131

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2009, 11:50:56 AM »

Hi Simon if you dont have time does that mean you got yourself a new job?
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2009, 12:05:22 PM »

To my eternal shame I haven't even had the car out of the garage to clean it since we returned from Italy Theo. Embarrassed

Don't be too ashamed Simon as I have done exactly the same  Embarrassed   I have bought a new rear silencer though so that'll go on at the weekend, convert the headlamps back to UK driving and give the car a good, well deserved and long overdue clean.   Kiss

At this rate though I can see me/us coming to Eastbourne in the 530i  Roll Eyes

I don't think that'll be allowed Simon!  Cool  Otherwise I'll turn up in the Mercedes and Kev will miss out of his passenger ride in my 131  Grin

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.