Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 05:05:06 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  3MA News and other events (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Bank Holiday August
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bank Holiday August  (Read 31735 times)
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2010, 10:29:23 AM »

We'll meet you guys at Thurrock services at 8am, Sunday.

Won't that mean you having to negotiate the traffic jams at the Dartford crossing and pay for it twice Paul? Might be better to meet you the other side of the crossing at M25 J4? Although I don't remember anywhere where one could wait at that junction.  Undecided

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
FarmBoy

« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2010, 05:16:20 PM »

It'll be an early start for us too Shocked Three drousy kids moaning about getting out of their pits at 6am should be a great start to the day Roll Eyes Cheesy And by the time the evening comes they'll be ratty again Shocked Oh, how I love teenage kids! Grin Wink Then of course there's the journey to Eastbourne - two hours of then each saying 'Don't touch me', 'Stop doing that', etc., etc., Oh lucky me........

Is this Mark the guy who can't fit a stereo in a Fiat 131 Abarth....?  Roll Eyes If it is perhaps he'd like to bring his (electrical) tools with him too.... Wink Grin 

Oh yes it is, trust that lovely italian wiring system you have on that Arby eh..?
What have you done to it this time round ,can`t keep those chunky fingers out of stuff you don`t have knowledge of.........bit like me then eh..!!!!
See you Sunday then..
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2010, 07:14:31 PM »

I'll ask why you like to be called Farm Boy when we meet again on Sunday Roll Eyes Grin Cheesy

The stereo unit losing power every time the car goes over a bump in the road I'd say was because the guy who fitted it couldn't get a firm connection from the power cable! Still, what do I know - I've only had 131s a short while (1986 isn't that far in the past is it? Roll Eyes Grin) Blame the car if you like - either way matey you'll be getting your hands dirty on Sunday my friend! Wink Cheesy Grin

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
paulcas

« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2010, 05:00:19 PM »

sorry guys but I'm not going to be able make either this coming Sat or Sun. The guy who is interested in buying my car now cannot make it until Tuesday. Wouldn't anything to happen to my 131 between now and then, so it's best if I keep it locked away in my garage for the moment.

Regards
Paul
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2010, 05:54:28 PM »

I'd have thought that a quick blast out around the East Sussex countryside would have loosened it up quite nicely myself Paul, still.......we'll get to meet you one day I'm sure. Cool Wink

I hope the buyer is genuine. Grin Best of luck.

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
Gremlino

« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2010, 08:24:17 AM »

Andy & Neet,

Thanks for another brilliant day down in Sussex, me and Sharon had a great time and it was a really enjoyable day meeting up with everyone there.

I'm pleased that Jay, Theo, Si, Wendy, Ashley, Shannon, Kerry, Mark and eventually Chris all made the trip and had a good time too.

The Treasure Hunt and associated mystery tour through the countryside was good fun, most enjoyable and hilarious......particularly if you made up the answers to the T/H quiz instead of doing it properly  Cheesy Grin Cheesy

The day had good weather up till the evening but it didn't rain for too long and Neet as usual prepared some super grub that definately hit the spot  Grin 

Cheers Andy & Anita for all your hard work and we are both looking forward to the next time we all meet up and have some more Fiat fun Wink

Kind regards
Graham & Sharon

Signature has gone Kaput!
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2010, 12:43:26 PM »

I'd certainly second that  Wink Thank you Andy and Anita for organising a superb event. This is now well established as an annual event and thanks to Andy and Anita for making it better each year!  Cheesy Special thanks to Anita (not forgetting her lady helpers Wendy and Sharon) for looking after us so well in the food and drink department  Wink Cheesy Grin  

This just proves that you don't need a lot of people and/or cars to have a successful event but a small group of like-minded enthusiasts is all that's needed together with the expert organisation of our hosts! Mind you, five 131s plus a 124 BC (as well as a Doblo) for a one day event is not a bad turnout and one of them came all the way from Somerset just for the day. Well done Chris ; it was nice to meet you and to have a closer look at your wonderful Series 3 Super

* P1070597s.JPG (195.23 KB, 800x485 - viewed 459 times.)

* P1070594s.JPG (186.24 KB, 800x469 - viewed 797 times.)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 12:56:56 PM by Thotos » Logged

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2010, 01:26:47 PM »

I 3rd that , well looked after by Anita from breakfast till dinner and all in betwwen  Wink
 me and Chris clocked up some miles ,doing ai the day before .. Shocked
  here we all are on top of the world or at least the south downs at Firle Beacon

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12812670@N07/4941148003/sizes/l/
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 06:46:17 PM by jasonh131 » Logged

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2010, 01:51:58 PM »

Arrived back home about 1.30pm today after another wonderful event organised by Andy and Nita. A huge thank you from me, Wendy, Ashley, Shannon and Kerry, especially to Nita for all of your hard work in the kitchen Kiss.

It's always great to catch up with people who share the passion of old Italian cars, so here's to the next time. Wink

The highlight of the weekend for me was the 5 minute drive in Mark's 124 BC.  Cool Great fun and brought back such great memories of when I had my 124 Coupe back 20  Shocked years ago!

For the record Chris, and confirming the conversation we had at A&A's, I was NOT the guy on ebay who mucked you about when you were trying to buy my old green 1600TC Super, and the facts of the matter speak for themselves -
1) I've NEVER sold anything through ebay.
2) I don't live in the Reading area
3) I sold the car in about 2002, and it had changed hands several times before you saw it on ebay in 2006.

but more important than all of those things, I've never knowingly mucked anyone about with the sale or purchase of anything - especially a 131. In fact with this green Super it was ME who was 'turned over' when I sold it to someone who I though was a fellow enthusiast. Roll Eyes

Anyway, thanks again A&A. Here's to next year.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 02:03:02 PM by simon131 » Logged

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

Andy c

« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2010, 06:06:11 PM »

Thanks to all who came down to see us down here in the south east we had a great time and a great
laugh with old and new friends.

well done to Simon+Wendy for winning the hunt
and for Graham+Sharon for most entertaining answers

A personal thank you to Anita for her hard work and for wendys+Sharons help

and for Simon for bringing some rather nice beer

thanks to you all again for making this event

Andy

Andy Cobb
Polegate East Sussex
Gremlino

« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2010, 06:27:11 PM »

Oops,

I just emptied 'Dobby's boot and found a Bob Marley glider thingy  Cheesy

I forgot all about it so I'll drop it off at your place Si at some time  Wink

Marks BC was the business, shame they've all disappeared but the clunky bumpered CC's have survived.

Shazza asked for this to be put on  Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Cheesy...............

* Charlies road sign.gif (3.97 KB, 225x206 - viewed 467 times.)

simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2010, 06:36:20 PM »

I didn't know that the glider had been transferred to the Dobie Gra, until Nita mentioned it this morning Cheesy Yeah, no need to send it Air Mail or anything. Yeah, see you soon for the handover  Wink Grin Wink

I'm not sure whether it's you or Shaz that needs to get a life mate! Cheesy Cheesy Either way I'm not sure you should be downloading such images! Wink Cheesy Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Cheesy Cheesy

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

Gremlino

« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2010, 06:40:11 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Cheesy Wink

Andy c

« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2010, 07:26:59 PM »

so what caption could you put with this Grin

* DSCF1800.JPG (67.87 KB, 282x212 - viewed 428 times.)

Andy Cobb
Polegate East Sussex
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2010, 08:21:26 PM »

"Oh My God you two!! Not in front of the kids!!!!"

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.