Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 05:14:18 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  The Garage (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  mirafiori 1300 starter motor alternatives
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: mirafiori 1300 starter motor alternatives  (Read 4479 times)
fi131

« on: January 11, 2012, 09:02:45 PM »

Can i install another more powerful fiat starter motor in my 1300 mirafiori bellhousing than the stock one .
It is an ohv motor with the starter in the right side ( 0.8 kw marelli  63220705 or fiat 4198226). I have seen that most other 131 types use 1.2kw even the 1.6 ohv which look identical . Do they fit the 131 1300 ohv bellhousing bolts or do i face mesh problem with the flywheel crown?
Tas131

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 07:50:02 AM »

I've got a 1.6 OHV starter in the shed that I intend to fit to my twincam to make room on the intake side for a supercharger. The only information on it is a part number #63222501

http://www.comoalt.com/comoaltint/vol/riccod.asp?lan=2&oem=63222501

1Kw supposedly.

Mick.
Tasmania. Australia.
Red/grey series 2 (Daily driver)
Dark blue series 1 (Dismantled)
Light blue series 2 (Crashed then dismantled)
Metallic blue series 2 (Dismantled)
fi131

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 02:08:38 PM »

I've got a 1.6 OHV starter in the shed that I intend to fit to my twincam to make room on the intake side for a supercharger. The only information on it is a part number #63222501

http://www.comoalt.com/comoaltint/vol/riccod.asp?lan=2&oem=63222501

1Kw supposedly.

Obviously you need an ohv bellhousing too.My question is can a fiat  stronger  starter be mounted in an 1,3 ohv bellhousing? ...the 1.6 ohv bellhousing accomodates a bigger clutch 200mm so maybe the starter mounting face,  bolt pattern in 1,3 differs from an 1.6 ohv or from a twincam 's starter ...or not  Undecided
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 03:30:31 PM »

Sorry, I can't answer your question but I am curious as to why do you want a bigger starter motor? Surely the 0.8KW starter motor is man enough for the job of starting the 1.3 engine. If you fit a 1.2 or 1.6KW starter motor you'll need a bigger battery to supply the extra cranking current and then strictly speaking you'll need a bigger alternator to charge the bigger battery. Possibly also need new wiring to take the extra current from the battery to the starter motor.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
fi131

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 09:20:35 PM »

Sorry, I can't answer your question but I am curious as to why do you want a bigger starter motor? Surely the 0.8KW starter motor is man enough for the job of starting the 1.3 engine. If you fit a 1.2 or 1.6KW starter motor you'll need a bigger battery to supply the extra cranking current and then strictly speaking you'll need a bigger alternator to charge the bigger battery. Possibly also need new wiring to take the extra current from the battery to the starter motor.

I am looking for a 1.0kw from a 1.6 ohv if compatible or maximum a 1.2 kw for easier engine starting during cold days.I already have a higher cranking battery
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.