Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 01:36:52 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Do I or don't I ???.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do I or don't I ???.  (Read 19109 times)
mick131

« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2008, 07:34:14 AM »

Hi maxi.man,

Does the process just remove the rust or does it remove the area of metal that is affected ?.

Mick Wilson
Birkenshaw, West Yorkshire, UK.
maxi.man

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2008, 06:41:40 PM »

it removes all the rust  back to fresh metal it is truly impressive like new metal the shell is now a hell of a lot lighter and easily moveble but found a few more dents i wasnt aware of i would definately recomend can send pics  but it is of a renault 5 shell Grin
sid131

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2008, 08:42:05 PM »

please post some pics
mick131

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2009, 05:06:56 PM »

As posted in the Projects Section, the old girl is now on her side in the garage and had been waiting for me to take a wire brush etc to her to remove the paint back to bare metal.

I had really, really wanted to take it to SPL in the Midalnds to be stripped back to speed up the resto. But financially that process was out of my reach? Angry at approx ?1500 ( inc transport etc )? Shocked Shocked.

However I have now found a company in Preston that can provide, a similar but not exactly the same, process for ?650 + Vat. Went over there today to have a look around the premises and to see some of the work they have done.

Quite impressed, even though they are a smallish company, the guy seemed to be want to do a good job. Saw some panels through various stages and he even had a Lotus Cortina shell that had been part treated.

Am going to drop off an old rear panel for them to treat soon and I'll report back with pics once done.

Mick Wilson
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2009, 06:52:38 PM »

Sounds interesting Mick, Preston is much closer to both of us too  Grin The price is definitely much more affordable too.

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
mick131

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2009, 04:00:54 PM »

Yeah, I don't think that's a bad price either. OK, it doesn't get quite the same treatment it would do at SPL, but it gets rid of the rust.

Contact details -
Ribble Technology Ltd
2 Brierley street
Preston
PR2 2AU
01772 020 227
www.paint-strip.co.uk

He can also do engine blocks, wheels ( for approx ?10 each ) nuts and bolts etc.

Mick Wilson
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.