Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 12:19:43 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  3MA News and other events (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  3ma15 and beyond
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 3ma15 and beyond  (Read 5699 times)
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« on: July 28, 2014, 11:58:20 AM »

Might seem a bit early to start this subject but in fact it's probably quite late  Undecided  When the 3 Mad Amigos decided to have the first 3ma in 2007, we had no idea if anyone would turn up but we decided that as long as the 3 of us had some fun in our 131s it would be fine. We certainly didn't expect while organising the first 3ma that there would be any more 3mas but we were so astounded by the success of the first 3ma that on the first day I think (or maybe second day  Wink ) we decided "we should do this again". Before the first 3ma finished in 2007 we had already decided that we would go to Turin in 2009 and also decided to have 3ma08 in Scotland to see how many people were willing to travel a relatively long distance in their 131s. While in Scotland for 3ma08 we had a volunteer to organise 3ma10 in the Black Forest so for several years 3ma planning started about 2 years before the event. This year, however, we had no fixed plans for 3ma14 until the beginning of the year!  Shocked  We always said that we'd go back to Turin for the 131's 40th anniversary so while there was little chance that 3ma14 would not happen, several people thought it wasn't going to, especially as we didn't have anything organised until February 2014 and didn't finalise the hotel details until March  Shocked

So to avoid such fears for 2015, I'd like to start the discussion for 3ma15 now and also consider 3ma16. There was some talk about repeating the 2007 Irish 3ma as a "10 year anniversary 3ma celebration" in 2017 but I don't know how serious that suggestion was.

The first thing to decide is the dates. Having now finalised in stone the dates for the Eurovision Song Contest 2015 as the 19th, 21st and 23rd of May, I would like to suggest that 3ma15 should be 27th to 30th May 2015.

Next thing to decide is where and who. We need volunteers to organise something. Robert and Ingrid made a couple of suggestions but I believe they were for 2016 or later. I think we still also have an offer for a 3ma in Finland but not sure if that idea is still alive.

So the main idea of this rather over-stretched and long post is to get both suggestions for 2015 and 2016 but also and more importantly volunteer(s) to organise 3ma15 and 3ma16. If all else fails I'll end up organising 3ma15 in Wales by recycling one of a number of Lancia events I attended in Wales  Wink Grin and I'm sure you'd all want something better and of course better organised than the rather chaotic meeting that promises to be if I organise it  Grin  Cool

« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 12:14:31 PM by Thotos » Logged

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 12:06:49 PM »

As far as I know the Finland 3MA proposal is still very much a goer, but I'll check the lay of the land and post back here with any findings. Failing that, provided a Welsh 3MA includes some great mountain driving I'm sure it will be fun, whoever turns out for it. Grin

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 12:18:54 PM »

I kind of like the idea of a 3MA location that doesn't take 2 or 3 days just to get there!!!  Grin Must be my age catching up with me!!

Great to see the 3MA fire is still burning brightly with you two amigos......long may it last!  Smiley

Trust Mr Theo to get his dates proposal in before anyone else....AGAIN!!!  Grin

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 06:45:30 PM »

i'm in wales at the moment enjoying some spirited mounting driving north of aberystwyth

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
Jacquie131

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 09:06:59 PM »

Am happy to do my bit along the same lines as last time if you need me to.
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 09:13:36 PM »

i'm in wales at the moment enjoying some spirited mounting driving north of aberystwyth

Take notes, we might need them for next year  Wink Grin

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 09:14:30 PM »

Am happy to do my bit along the same lines as last time if you need me to.

Your invaluable help is always welcome  Cheesy

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
parrish

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2014, 02:49:48 AM »

Please dont change the dates!
For the first time since 2009 the dates are favourable for me down here in Sunny Spain Wink Roll Eyes

Steve Parrish owner of:  1977 131 4 door.
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2014, 05:07:03 PM »

Even found a power station to visit  Wink

http://www.statkraft.com/about-statkraft/visitor-centres/rheidol-visitor-centre/

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.