Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 10:34:01 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Where to buy a new Mirafiori - Yes NEW!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where to buy a new Mirafiori - Yes NEW!  (Read 7709 times)
kev131
Founding Member

« on: January 02, 2007, 10:03:13 PM »

OK it dosnt look like a 131 much now but isnt this the ultimate Tofas version of the 131 that was being built in Turkey? Well it looks as if the design has now been sold to a company producing the car in Ethiopia - Called the Holland Car Plc.

Have a look at the website and try to see what parts are common with the 131. The instrument design is a definite carry over.

http://www.holland-car.com/

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Kennedy of Sixmilebridge

all-italia.net

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 10:45:23 PM »

I'm sorry to say that it looks suspiciously like a Regatta to me.
I cannot see too much 131 parentage in the car shown. Is there a proven connection to the 131 bodyshell?

It is however, quite an eclectic looking Fiat, well found Kevin.

Just don't tell Gerry, 'lest he books his annual holiday in a B&B next to the factory.

Would he ever come home again, one wonders Huh
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 11:10:32 PM by Kennedy of Sixmile » Logged

all-italia.net
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 11:58:54 PM »

Looks a bit like a Talbot Solara to me!

If you look at the photo of the bare shell there's certainly the look of a 131 between the A and C posts, especially along the roofline. But from the bulkhead forward it's a totally different car

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 09:56:39 PM »

Agree it is Regata like and that could be cos Fiat might have sold further parts to Tofas. The air vents and instrument panel surround are 131 inspired though.

Wouldnt it be great to find some budget car company resurrecting the original Mirafiori design?

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
jseabolt

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 12:12:43 PM »

The boot lid looks quite odd to me. The lip looks allot taller which is puzzling how they did this without modifying the quarterpanels (if they are the same). Actually the more I look at it, the more it looks like they have made the quaterpanels taller.

http://www.holland-car.com/pics/docc3.jpg

1968 Ford Fairlane 500 (302 automatic)
1980 Fiat 131 Brava  (2000 automatic)
1980 Fiat 124 Spider (2000 turbocharged)
1987 Yugo GV (1500 turbocharged)
1981 Trabant 601
2003 Subaru Baja
fostertom

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 01:50:16 AM »

Hi boys, just found you via FMC forum. Looks good. I had a 131 Sport, Panorama 2000 and 1600 at different times, but returned to 124AC Coupe now.

Anyone who's been to that great country knows that these Tofas 131s (and 124s) are two a penny in Turkey (and Egypt too, I believe) - almost more of them than all others put together. There's no doubt they are 131 through and through, tho' with numerous modifications incl. naff Regatta-like panels. The substructure may also be different in part but the character remains wholely 131. Many extremely smart examples proudly polished, tuned and customised, that wd put any worldwide to shame. I rented a Super Estate last year and it took me right back - lovely and chuckable on those wide, sweeping gravel roads - true rorty Fiat exhaust note, tho' the engine is, I believe, a 1575 128/Strada-type sohc thing. Goodies that wd be nice on a Fiat 131 include electric windows, sunroof etc, fascia like a Super/Sport but extended down into a central console housing sound system, a/c etc and other modern things. The Estate rear body kicks up into a taller structure with a more vertical tailgate - very capacious, but a bit ugly compared with the elegant Fiat version.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.